Has anyone heard of or tried Walden Farms products?

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by AaronsMom, Feb 14, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. AaronsMom

AaronsMom New Member

I was shopping for salad dressing & found Walden Farms Thousand Island that is calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carbohydrate free, gluten free & cholesterol free, but has 190mg sodium. It tastes good! They have a website, www.waldenfarms.com that list a lot of things, bbq sauce, jellies, salad dressing, peanut butter, ice cream toppings. Has anyone ever tried any of their products?
    ???

2. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Wow...they have a lot of products, and the "No Calorie" stuff sure caught my eye!!!

I had to laugh when I saw that in many of the items, something called "cellulose fiber" showed up as the third or fourth ingredient...I was imagining those yellow kitchen sponges!!! :D :D :D

I am on the fence about Splenda....I don't think I react to it, but I limit my consumption.

If you are just worried about sodium, I think you're o.k. But if it's an allergy or a food sensitivity, there's lots of "natural flavor" listed, and you can't always be sure of what that means.

Let us know if you try it!!!

3. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Personally, I worry about anything that in regular form is high calorie and they can miraculously make it with no calories.

Sounds more science experiment than food.

4. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member