God and forgiveness......

Discussion in 'Your Religion & Spiritual Corner' started by Chris0515, May 23, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

You are correct holly in that I never said I threw away the bible and don't believe in it, and that was an overreaction and misunderstanding from a few people about that. What I meant by not "needing it" is that I have read it up and down - know what is in there and have processed it all - and now I am trying to apply it to my life. I mean if you already read any other book twice, are you going to continue going back and reading it and expecting anything in it to change or the moral of the story to be different?

2. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

cynthia - i will be back with something soon for you - i have to be careful with my replies as well lets just leave it at that....xoxox

3. cynthia

cynthia I hope to shed this body for a better one some day

Before I leave this topic permanently as I must confess I am sorely disgusted. I am always disgusted when I read or hear a professing Christian to claim the Bible must be taken with a grain of salt, parts of it to be disgarded and not needed by anyone. I will challenge you Chris. And I really don't expect you to participate in this challenge as I expect your excuse will be, "I have attention deficit disorder or whatever and use that as your excuse." But I have hope inside me that you will accept this challenge. This is it: Go to this link and READ ALL OF IT.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1362.cfm

If you can manage to read the Bible in its wholeness I think you can manage to read this Scientist findings. Please don't insult me with writings like it is just too long to read. With that I am out of here as I am pissed.

4. egross

egross New Member

Words in any book may be interpreted by the reader as the Bible, or any other religious book, have been for thousands of years. Wars have been waged, murders committed, people condemned by other peoples' judgements and interpretations of God's Word. I think it's what lies in our hearts that determines our character. I believe God loves us no matter our faith, no matter the books we read and live by. It's what lies and lives in our hearts, and our actions, and how we treat others that determines our character. I don't believe God (or whatever name you call the Creator) condemns anyone, he loves us unconditionally, no matter what we do or say. My belief is that the Creator gives us complete freedom to live our lives, and to grow and come to finally know who We really are, no matter how many lifetimes it takes us to "get it" and be fully realized that we really are a part of Him (or Her), personally I think it's silly to think of the Divine in a particular gender.

5. Chris0515

Chris0515 New Member

First off I never said that it's not needed by anyone because I have always spoke on my own behalf, secondly I totally resent the fact of you making light of someone having A.D.D. as being some silly excuse or not real(reminds me of those who crack jokes about Menieres cause they never heard of it or don't understand it), and lastly I kind of like what egross stated in that God will judge me on my actions towards people and my belief in him and nothing else. And if this were a case where I never read the bible and were refusing to read it, I could understand your frustration and anger towards me Cynthia. But I have read it and understood what it means and AGAIN.........are trying to apply it to my own life, and to me there is nothing wrong with that and you do it your way and I will do it mine(and one day we'll meet in heaven and laugh about all of this).