Generic for Allegra-D

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by ptmays, Dec 16, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ptmays

ptmays New Member

Allegra-D, for me, has been the cornerstone for my success with Meniere's. Antivirals, Allegra-D, and ingesting very little sodium, most of my meniere's symptoms have vanished. The only remnant of the disease that remains is the brain fog. There are times when I began to experience symptoms and I can't even seem to do simple math.

As of today, Allegra-D has a generic available! So anyone that could not afford it can now try it with a Doctors prescription. Has anyone else had any luck with Allegra?

2. vikx

vikx New Member

I've taken it in allergy season but didn't notice any help with MM. Doesn't seem to matter what I do or don't, MM is either flaring up or not....been dizzy the last couple of days with a weather change. VK

3. ptmays

ptmays New Member

The dehydration effect seems to help the most for my MM; however, it does not relieve all symptoms. Also, my doctor has me on antivirals and these too seem to be helping.

4. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

YES Allegra 180 works for me very well. Helps ear big time. I just posted about it in earlier post. I was always told don't use the Allegra D. And i don't use generic, always brand. I thought Allegra has been generic for some time now??

5. ptmays

ptmays New Member

Regular Allegra doesn't give me that dehydrating effect. Other (D) medications such as Zyrtec-D or Claritin-D are not time released, allowing for an intense feeling of dehydration. Allegra-D is time release so it is effective throughout the day. Yes, Allegra has been available in a generic form for some time now, but Allegra-D generic counterpart was just released into the market 4 days ago.