For those taking high dose vitamin C....

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gustav123, Nov 15, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

What symptom(s) seem to be improved?
    How long did it take to see improvement?
    Are you still feeling improved? Has there been any major setback?

thanks

2. CGR

CGR Guest

I believe the C has relieved a nasal infection that showed up on an MRI and is now gone. Also, i've had lower back pain for 5 years that is now gone. Neither has come back. I also have not had even the slightest whiff of a cold and this time of year with a young kid i usually am constantly sick.

Ironically, what i took it for didn't work (the dizziness), but that's not surprising since my final diagnosis is PLF, which is not viral.

3. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

The combination of JOH and mega Vit C has worked for me. It took a couple of weeks to see a difference but my dizziness/vertigo is gone except for occasional slight dizziness when the barometric pressure jumps. My hearing has improved tremendously. Life is good. :)

Debbie

4. CGR

CGR Guest

Debbie, that's awesome! So happy for you. :)

5. daveTO

daveTO New Member

I have been on vit C for almost two months. The last ten days I have no vertigo or dizzys (big improvement for me). I had a steady but SLOW improved progression from my MM symptons. My progression is slower than debbies. But I do believe I was in worst shape (getting 3-18hrs severe vertigo per week continuosly for three months and severe dizzys 2 to 3 times a week). Currently I feel much better and sleeping much better. I feel there is hope.

6. CGR

CGR Guest

Dave, that is really awesome. Even though it took so long, it was worth it, huh? :)

7. CGR

CGR Guest

I thought you had MAV. Is that viral?

8. CGR

CGR Guest

Here's hoping. At the very least, it should help keep you from getting colds and flu, which wreaks havoc on our symptoms.

9. CGR

CGR Guest

R & D is a lot easier than Stats if you can think logically.

3 key things:

1) Have a good research question
    2) Have good hypotheses
    3) Know your IV and DV

You'll be fine.

10. chrisj

chrisj Guest

How much are you taking again, Debbie?

11. DebbieD

DebbieD New Member

Staying in the 22-24,000 range.

Debbie

12. Gustav123

Gustav123 Life,enjoy it.

Debbie....good for you...I hope it lasts for you.

I think I will try high dose for a while to see....i feel weird staying on a high does all the time though.

CGR..well maybe you did get some unexpected relief....PLF....what will you do? Surgery? Wait?

I loved research but my rats were mean.......stats was hard but intriguing...

13. carnyard

carnyard New Member

All of them.

Once I reached bowel tolerance, almost immediately...took a few weeks to get to BT.

Better than ever. Resumed normal life with no restrictions. No setbacks. You can send me a PM if you need more details.

14. daveTO

daveTO New Member

I am a cautious optimist. I would say it was worth it because nothing else worked on me better than vit C. I was having those 3-18hrs of vertigo per week for 3 months while I was on antiviral. Antiviral may have worked for me maybe in 6 months from some other peoples post I read. I just don't know.

15. solari

solari Administrator Staff Member

I'm glad to hear it's working for some of you. Taking it to bowel tolerance is a great way to let your body determine what is best for you.

For awhile, I was taking around 40mg which was just before BT but now it has dropped away down to the 10s thereabouts because I've been taking it for awhile. It's very interesting watching your body adapt and adjust as needed and as Linus Pauling pointed out in his book which I read before embarking on this, he said once your body gets back to normal, your BT goes down.

On top of that, recently I received the news that I was in *excellent* health and I do indeed feel that way - I have never been better even though I am now over the hill at 43. ;)

My major reason for embarking on this path instead of standard antivirals is primarily because from all my research I became aware of many other positives to Vitamin C, not just as an antiviral. Additionally, I also knew some folks would not be able to obtain antivirals, so why not go the Vit C route and see if it works?

I'm just so happy I made the leap and plowed into it and now I'm seeing some of you benefit from this as well. Yay!

Ray

16. June-

June- New Member

Do you think the C works because you had a deficiency of C which allowed the virus to thrive or that in large doses C is an antiviral? Or some other reason?

Also, prior to this did you eat a lot of citrus and/or other hi C foods?

17. gnutten

gnutten Markus

VMS?
    R & D?
    IV?
    DV?

18. CGR

CGR Guest

It would be better to read the work of Linus Pauling and Cathcart and Levy to get the full picture.

http://www.vitamincfoundation.org/

And eating citrus doesn't get you hardly any C at all. Almost useless amount.

19. Mommywoe

Mommywoe New Member

I have to admit since I have off and on taken extra C, I hadn't thought about the extra benefits of it. I do suggest that you take the liquid capsules or even the liquid. They get better absorption than the tablet or regular capsules.

20. June-

June- New Member

It keeps you from getting scurvy.