Folks with MAV; please share info

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by thornapple, Oct 2, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

cheese,

I wondered the same thing. The only thing I could think of is if you had vestibular migraines then that one makes sense to me.

2. charisse

Last night I ate some forbidden brownies, today I'm sick as a dog. Chocolate is one that I keep trying now and then and it always gets me. You'd think I'd just except it :D When I eat some of the migraine triggers and end up sick I know I have mav.

3. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I think the fullness feeling is from inflammation, the after-effects of the migraine event. At any rate, I get inflammation in both ears, and it hurts. Travels down my neck...the neck swells....even my GP can see it. I don't have to see it--I can FEEL it. Ow ow ow.

I have some things, like tomato, that are an instant migraine trigger, like you do for chocolate, Charisse. It's like I hit the button that says "migraine" on it. But those are for headaches. The ear thing seems to be triggered by other stuff...sometimes a subtle combination of stuff, including stress, weather, toxic people, skipping meals, trigger foods, scents. I am learning. So I am being really strict right now trying to get this under control if possible (although I did have to TASTE the new raspberry beer by Founders at the reception last night! Wow, was that stellar).

4. charisse

I like the heal you headache book because it talks about triggers that add up. One may not affect you but put the weather and a period with some msg and your sick as a dog. The weather all by itself is bad for me so I really watch those days. I think folks get confused by the fact they can eat an item one day and the next time it produces symptoms. It all has to do with the amount of triggers you were hit with in a day.

5. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

With me I think the ear fullness is correlated with the neck problems. For those of us with neck problems (except charisse who says she does not experience it), it may be that the neck spasms cause the feeling of fullness in the ear. since being on Neurontin and having a reduction in my neck pain and spasms that are attributable to the drug I don't feel the fullness as much as I did. This is just a conjecture from personal experience.

6. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Christy...good luck with the nerontin. It seems to be having a positive effect on me. But it took weeks to feel anything. I am currently on 1200mgs. The side effects are nothing like the topamax. For me it was some cognitive issues and swelling in the beginning. You might put on some weight too. I gained 6 pounds since being on it.