Folks here - old and new - tell us what you have learned on this forum

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gardenfish, Mar 29, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Re: Folks been here awhile - tell us what you have learned on this forum

You know, I love this thread, and Paul made me think of another one. I was out to lunch and a friend suggested my being tired was due to middle age, not menieres. I wasn't offended, but it kinda hurt. I'm so glad I know a LOT of people who understand what my kind of tired feels like. That meant a lot to me that day. A LOT. Lisa :)

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

that is a good one, Lisa. I am tired often, especially after work. I push myself through it because I want to train my body to believe it is full of energy - my mind has the energy and I just try to convince my body
    Paul

3. Daize

Daize New Member

+ I have hope
    + This board helps me with inner strength mentally, advise, compassion, caring.
    + Many people from all over the world have so much to offer as friends and are always there. I love that very much.
    + I feel so fortunate to have found this site a few years ago and finally signed by a few months ago. For me, it is the ONLY site that has everything I want and need.

Ruth from New Hampshire

4. Pluto

Pluto New Member

Yes it is Linda, especially after all the bickering lately.

I've learned that I'm not ill, just a little different.
    I've learned that I have friends here that I hope to have my entire life.
    I've learned to avoid the trouble makers, gossips, negative people who put down others.
    I've learned to avoid people who promote "cure alls".
    I've learned that people here understand what it means to not feel well, and I've translated that to my family. They understand.
    I've learned that the friends I've met here are my best friends, and I would not trade them for the world.

Other than that, it's already been said by the other posters.

Excellent thread Paul, thank you.

5. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

There is always hope.

There is always someone in a worse situation who has survived; these are the folks who inspire us and keep us coming back.

Tomorrow is another day.

6. cami

cami New Member

I have learned everything (almost) that I now know about Menieres, and that there are others who are experiencing what I am. This is my first post, but I have been reading everything that you have all posted for some time now.
    Thank you. I come here for comfort, and information, and I'm glad that you're all here.

7. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Cami and welcome to posting :)!

8. Bergie

Bergie New Member

[​IMG]

9. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Richard, you have charmed so many of us in a good and fine way.
    Cami, welcome the forum. Best wishes for all good things to you.
    Bergie, I hope we meet some day so we can talk the night away.
    Vincent, thank you for the reminder about tomorrow. Thank you.

Cheers on all of us.

Paul

10. goldie

goldie me and joshua

This forum has helped in so many ways.Just knowing I'm not alone in this .When I'm feeling down I know where I can go for love and support with all of you who know what having this feels like. Paula

11. Tai chi

Tai chi New Member

I found the forum when I was at a very frustrated time in my disease. It brought hope, friends, and an understanding of the stages we go through. It is a very informative and educational piece of work through much research and dedication. I thank all you and miss those who are not here anymore.

Barbara

12. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

"I thank all you and miss those who are not here anymore." Yes, for me this is painful sometimes. Good point, Barbara. Thank you.

13. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

I have found more information and support from people here than all the visits to docs and health care professionals.
    I have discovered my world was very small before, and now it is very large because I have friends all over the country and the world.
    I learned that these new friends are in many ways very different from me, and also very much the same.
    I know that you all are more compassionate and understanding than those friends I have known face-to-face for many decades.
    I learned how to show that same compassion and understanding to others - even those who don't have MM - from seeing you all do it.
    I learned I can love people I have never met, and probably never will meet. I can cry and laugh and rejoice and grieve with you.
    I learned that no matter what I face I have people and a place to help me take another step, another breath, another morning.
    You have inspired me with your perseverance, strength, courage and steadfastness.
    You give me hope.
    From this forum I have found new purpose.
    I will not give up!

Thanks everybody!

14. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Sherry - :) :)

15. judithschultheis

judithschultheis Making Baby Dolls is My Hobby

In the short time I have been honored to be in this group , I've learned a lot about the people who have been here the longest. I've learned that they really care about one another and are concerned about each other's care and well being. I've learned that friendships develop over time and having something in common makes that friendship even more special. I know the people who post frequently and I look forward to keeping up with you. I thank you for being here---Januarygirl

16. survivedit

survivedit New Member

This is a fine thread and so many people have said things that I echo. I'm so thankful that there are other people that understand and that we're all here for each other. Sometimes we need some help and you can always get encouragement here and sometimes you have some help to give and there's always somebody here that needs some. It gives me strength to get through the bad times (not so many recently) to know that there are others that are going through the same thing and still doing the best they can, day in and day out and that to me is the very essence of why we're here. If nothing else MM has taught me to make the most of each day, ignore the fatigue the best I can, be patient through the bad times (they do all go away eventually) and this site embodies that spirit for me.

Bob W

17. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

I am not a freak. I am not alone in my suffering. Strength to live each and every day with a condition that is very hard to handle. Friends and love come in all shapes, sizes, and ways of communicating.

xo

18. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

Aladdin, you are definitely NOT a freak! You are beautiful and precious and valuable and you are one of my most treasured friends and hero.

19. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Aladdin, it pains me to think that you would even consider yourself a freak. You are indeed a treasure.

20. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

sigh - thank you for the kind words

xoxox