February 2007 - Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by dizzjo, Feb 1, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

deercharmer - That is exactly how I feel about baby sitting sick kids. That should NOT happen to the grandparents. I am much more outspoken about this than my hubby will be. He forgets how much work a sick child is and would volunteer. The reason he forgets, is because he is not the one who cleaned up and took care of the sick child and there was so much of that time when we were first with a young family, that he wasn't even home.

If grandchildren are sick, I don't even want a visit from them until they are well. I pick things up too easily and my auto-immune system is too out of whack that just the thought I might catch something will give me bad thoughts. Someone has to be the one to speak up and say NO - I am glad your hubby did it. I sucked it up and did it when I had to do it, but won't volunteer for it now - just too darned tired and worn out.

Linda I saw the previews of Letters - and mentioned to hubby that it may be worth watching. Maybe if you remind me again when it comes out, I will remember to check it out. I was glad to get CC on the DVD - I had it really cranked up and it said music was playing and I asked hubby if he could hear it because I sure couldn't - cranked it up further and still couldn't hear it. ???

I know it would have made the story longer, but the most moving parts of the book were when he was visiting Iwo Jima and the comments made and them actually seeing inside the miles and miles of underground caves built would have been amazing to see.

Some really valid truths came out about the need for heroes and the inadequacies felt by those who have been chosen were so poignant and heart wrenching at the same time. How one small picture, and a replacement flag turned men into heroes when the fighting continued for another 35 days. Every time I heard them yell "corpsman" it recalled other memories and then a memory that Bill Cosby (who was a Navy corpsman during the Korean war) shared in one of his stand up comedy clips about when he was in Korea and fighting and corpsmen were easy targets because of the big red cross on their helmets. He said "take two aspirin and call me in the morning" and "where's the steel wool, so I can scrape this red cross off my helmet?" He said he wanted to stand up and shout "Hey, according to the Geneva conventions of war, it was agreed that the corpsmen would not be used for target practice." It was a funny skit while at the same time hit home a truth of war and the so called rules of war. A lot of thoughts went through my head while reading the book and again while watching the movie. :eek: :eek: No story about war will ever be pleasant or enjoyable to watch. ???

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

No, they are not enjoyable, but I like the books and movies because it reminds me just how much our troops sacrificed. It always chokes me up, and makes me proud.

Since Letters is the Japanese perspective, you see more of the underground tunnels. I will remind you. It's a must see.

3. Marian

Marian New Member

Joyce: I am glad you are up and about again and can write to people again!
    It is no fun to feel bad - I know that feeling, I don't seem to get over with it. I hardly eat anything, skip lunch very often as I want to sleep, sleep and more sleep. I am so tired and the PT is killing me. But today I had to stay up as Ruud was in bed and people were going to come at the door, he said, and I was afraid I would not hear them. So I sat on the front sofa watching the front gate all the time. He feels better now, late in the evening and ate something. Today he had to start that diet already - well, he did not eat forbidden stuff, only drank water and ate one plain biscotte without diet margarine on it. Boring, but he really did not like to eat. What is a sigmoidoscope? Something that goes into your heart, can't visualise other things that go into your mouth or at the bottom up into the intestines.

Belle was here for fun, but unfortunately she got sick during the night. And next day her mum worked in the morning (it was "spring" holiday) and my daughter is forced now to work as she might loose her benefit. The rehabilitation centre is dead against it - she does already too much and takes not enough rests during the day. But money is important too when you have two kids and an ex who refuses now to pay alimony as he is broke. He used up all the money of the house and we can whistle too what we lent them in 1999 when they bought their first house. He was too proud to live in a rental one - his family always lived in their own house, completely neglected and rotten, but it was theirs. So now Marike is working 3 mornings in the week and she likes it and the person she works for gives her some time to get a rest in between. But first thing in the morning she has to climb a very high steep stairway, which hurts her incredibly. She should not climb stairs anymore and did not get for nothing an adapted rental appartment, all at the same level. Her hips can't lift up the bad right leg. And we did not want to call her the next morning that Belle had been so sick. Nowadays it won't work anymore. In the past when a child got sick, the mother got that day off. Not now anymore since we had that tough government which left today and the new group was presented to the Queen. In the meantime not much has been done - actually all those years of having 3 different governments which only ruled for 3½ years, and always had trouble and ministers leaving and even real fights in parliament. That has never happened as far as we know. That prime Minister, who is so popular in America and other countries, is one who can't keep them together and act as the real boss. During the funeral service of Prince Claus who died in October 2003, they argued together and at the end of the afternoon service the government had fallen again. Next day, when the Queen should have been left alone for a while now her husband had died, that prime Minister went to the Queen to hand in his government of 86 days.

Now all our hope is on the new government, but I fear that what the people in the country wanted, has not happened. The coalition was ruled by that prime Minister again who has the biggest party and he could decide what would happen. The other two leaders could try to put some of their requests in, but they are truly in the minority.

I always thought that mothers got leave when their children were sick, maybe unpaid leave, but they could stay away anyway. So that's why we had Bas here too when he had a stomach bug. I thought that DIL wanted so badly to go to work and accused her silently of deserting her sick kid.

Where Marike works they sell books apparently, but it is not a bookshop. I did not hear what she was telling me. Maybe they import books from other countries and send them to the bookshops. She also had War and Peace, the very thick book. I saw the dvd's of it, took us about a week to watch it all, every evening one dvd. I got the book written by Obama. You read it too - is it good reading and interesting politics? I follow with interest everything that happens now in the States. Hope those 20.090 soldiers won't have to go to Iraq now it is anarchy and civil war there. Poor mothers and wives - it is so dangerous there now.

I haven't been to bed all day and hardly had any rest. I am so tired that I probably cannot sleep. And very cold. Go to bed now and try to warm myself a bit at Ruud's feet. But our King size bed with two mattrasses is so wide that we hardly reach each other.

Love to everyone, also to Deercharmer who also had to baby sit sick kids. Now mothers and fathers both work very often, the grandparents are the ones to care for the kids. The pre- and after school activities won't accept sick kids, which is very understandable. They pay a fortune to it for the two kids, but when they are sick the payments continue and they have to find alternative child care - grandparents. I stay upstairs most of the time, as their voices are so high and hurt my sensitive ear and I still cannot hear them talking to me. I read stories, but can't answer questions. So sad, I hate all this, want to be able to have a hearing aid!

Well,I stop pouring out my troubles. Linda seems to be the only one who escaped from bugs and viruses and whatever else, or did I not read everything?

Love from Marian

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Marian - I've been lucky this winter and have not been sick :)!

5. jrw

jrw New Member

Marian - a sigmoid test is one where a long flexible tube is run up through the large intestine. It checks for polyps (small growths) in the intestines and anything abnormal. The sigmoid does not check out the stomach or the heart. Most people are wide awake for the sigmoid. I've had a few of them myself. If the doc wants to check out both the large and small intestines they do a colonoscopy. For that the person is put to sleep first. Having either test after being sick is not fun. Hope Ruud feels better soon.

We had our winter reprieve yesterday with temps of 50°. Today it dropped down again and the wind was gusting 25-30 mph. Snow expected over the weekend. We normally get a blizzard in March so we have a bit of winter yet to get through. I sure enjoyed yesterday, though!

Linda, you sure see a lot of movies! I ought to keep track of your recommendations so to pick up the dvd to watch. Usually we watch PBS (public tv for those of you who are unfamiliar with the letters). I did see Eragon with my daughter and enjoyed the special effects. That movie did stay pretty close to the book, too.

Take care everybody. <hugs> to all of you, especially the ones feeling not so good.

6. Sami

Sami New Member

Hi DJ & All..... :)

I am so happy to see that you are feeling better DJ. I am not feeling very well myself.....but wanted to pop in and say hello.....and so happy that you are making a comeback! ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thursday 22 February 2007

(Q)Imagining yourself at your own funeral allows you to look back at your life while you still have a chance to make some important changes. (UQ)

(At this point, being at my own funeral seems too real to imagine it as well. I have to admit that I have given a little thought about things I hang on to and wondered what will happen when I leave this planet and who will take care of my "stuff" after I am gone. Maybe it is time to clean things up and pare down a little. (gulp)) Huh Shocked
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I can somewhat understand your comment on this one. I think I will let this thought for the day, one slide on by for now. LOL! ;D Don't think I have the energy to reach down into that thought right now. :-\ However I do think that the older we get.....the more this thought may come to mind. :-\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Big HELLO to all of your good people! I am really sorry to see that so many are sick or have been. I must say that I have been having my share as well. :-\

Thanks for all the replies and foot notes to me. I must say that the post from Trish was a cutie.....
    Hi Trish.....you are a heart to search me out on the board, what a surprise! ;D I am not on as often now..... Thanks for thinking of me.....and all the way across the big pond. Thanks for the hug and :-* also. It's really good to see you pop in here at DJ's corner, and yes, there are a lot of good people that hand out here. DJ,I know that you remember Trish from way back.....and from across the pond. You two use to post on some of the story lines that was on the board at one time.....like way back.....when T, Mary of Mich., Don, Stephanie and many others were on the board. LOL! ;D :D
    Thanks Trish for the posting here.....and do drop in at anytime.....DJ always has the "Welcome" mat out. Take care my friend.....and it is so good to hear from you. Hug and :-* right back to you (((Hug))).....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have tried to read up a little, but not feeling very well again.....so not on the board as often.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have read some of the postings.....and thanks to all of you that have thought of me from time to time. I will try and reply.....but it is not in the order of your postings.....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey Linda Lady.....you always remember everything. Thank for your big HSTS.....yes, I do see them and thank you for being you. :-* Get on your mark Lady.....the big BB is rolling in.....maybe you can slip in a game in between the movies. ;D How's the new movie house working out? ;D Take care dear one!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey There Jill Girl, :-* Right back to ya. Hope Steve is doing well. I'm happy that you got to see me at last! ;D :D Like your new hair style! LOL!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey AJ, Good to see you back on the board. Hope all went well for M and his surgery. So sorry to read about his Mother.....good thoughts and prayers to you all. :-*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey Darlin CC, WOW.....You are one tough lady. I hope that you are getting better each and evry day. How did the massage go? Well, I hope.....and you take care of yourself and best regards to your family. ((HUGS)) :-*
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi Ya Maggie,.....what a rough time you have been going through! :'( I sure hope that things have started to change for the better my Down Under friend. :-* Always have you in my thoughts, and sending you some good vibs to life you back up....((HUGS))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hey DC,.....WOW Woman :eek: Sounds like you have had a a complete check up on the body there. It sounds like you have a handle on everything, and working to get things the way you want them to be. Good luck DC.....and I know you will be able to do it all. ((HUGS))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Helloooo Carol, :-*. Hugs are being sent right back to you my TX friend.....hope you are getting some good days in between the rough ones. Did the check come yet? ;D I'm really happy for you! (Hugs))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hi Stacey, :-*.....Hope you are doing well health wise. I am so sorry about your friend. He will be in my prayers.....and thanks to Linda for letting us know!
    Hugs and prayers to you all. ((Hugs))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I may have missed listing some of you by name, but you are always in mt thoughts and prayers.....and good thoughts being sent your way. Good to see Marian back on the board. I also hope things are going well for Headnoise-Sherry, with all the work that she has been doing to get MRI into being a reality.....and Tucker and his sister (I believe it is) that has been doing a lot of hard work to help Sherry get MRI off the ground. God bless you Sherry and your helpers for all that you are doing. ((Hugs to all))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and hug to..... Di, Bergie, Richard, Sue, jrw,Tizzy, Dixie, Loretta, Ceeka, and all of the good people that visit here. I know DJ welcomes us all.....and we all love you DJ, and I hope you and all that are feeling poorly will spring back into feeling good again real soon.

Sorry this is so long..... :eek:..... got to get to bed now! ::) Never know when I will be able to get back.....so just take this time to say, Hey Y'all.....and see how you are all doing. As always, sending good thoughts and prayers to you all.

Love and hugs to all.....
    Sami..... :-* (Get Well Hug, DJ! :-* )

7. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

welcome to the weekend neighbors!!!

sami the sweetcakes, so glad to see you darlin!!!!

well i thought i would check in before i made the trip to the gym.
    my massage went very well, but as you know that time always seems to go too quickly!!
    she worked on my head and neck and for now i dont know how it is going to be, i do know
    that i am breathing much better so that is a good sign.

i went to my tops meeting and lost another pound, so that makes 54 total since april.
    i guess pretty soon i will post some before and after pics ;D
    dixie, i am so thankful to you for being an inspiration to keep going on this track.
    i got a little inspired by my weight loss and wrote a poem, it is in the writer's den.

well, i am starting to feel a little better so i guess the antibiotics are working.

i will check in later,
    love to all my buddies here!!!

8. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Just checking in here. I had an exciting night last night. I had to go to the ER last night. Not for me but for hubby. He came home yesterday early from work with a real bad headache and high blood pressure. Well he told me that he was going to the store to get some meds for his headache and would be back. Well he called me for the ER last night and said he would be a little bit longer. Well I went there and he told me that he went to the ER near his work and they were going to keep him over night. And he checked him self out because it was too far from home and knew I would want to be with him.Well ofcourse.
    Well they got his blood pressure down and all and released him. They told him he didnt have a heart attack.Thank good but he had to make an appointment with his doctor for a follow up. I have a felling that his doctor will put him on different blood pressure meds and tell him he has to loose weight. He has been getting really snippy at me latley and all so there is something going on there.
    Well any way I am spinning here and with all the other stress we have been having no wonder something happened.
    Well it will calm down soon and we will get on with our lives and hopefuly it will be smooth saling for now on. LOL
    Hugs to all and hope every one has a wonderful weekend.

9. dizzjo

Friday 23 February 2007

It seems many of us want to be sure that our spouses or living partners understand how difficult our lives really are, but the act of thinking about and discussing the negative events of the day is tantamount to reexperiencing them.

(And who needs that??) ??? Well I think my hubby can easily see how busy I am most of the time, since he lives in the same house and sits with the remote in his hand while I do most of the things that need doing - don't think it needs enumeration. While I have been down, he has had to fix himself something to eat and most of it has been already prepared meals I had done, so a quick warm up in the microwave and he had a meal.

I bought The Secret yesterday. From a quick glimpse I think I live it for the most part but can see where negative thoughts prompt more negativity, I will have to practice expecting better.

Dixie :eek: Oh my gosh! Husbands are scary to take care of aren't they? I hope he gets on good meds and changes in his life that make things better for both of you.

Linda Chokes me up too and there is some pride too, but also wonder and amazement. I love reading history - more now than I did when in school.

Marian I recently read Barrack Obama's Audacity of Hope and the one that preceded it. I hope you will enjoy reading it. I have to insert fun reading between all the serious stuff I read. I am currently finishing up with Lonesome Cowboy and Texas Two Step by Debbie McComber. One thing is, being sick doesn't stop me from reading.

Sami You have a good memory. I remember Leah creating a huge rift between a few of us that never entirely healed. I was on to her right off and was very direct in my message and caught hell for it from another member. That is one reason I don't post so much. Good memories mixed with the negative stuff - some I miss some I don't.
    I am not still on top of things here - coughing too much but yesterday I did get out of the house for the first time. We had snow in the night and more expected. (groan) I have to face it - there are some things that age isn't going to improve.

Rae Nell I don't want to brag but I did lose 6 lbs - all during the time I was sick. I am trying to keep it down and maybe this will be the year I lost a little more. My goal is 50 lbs. If hubby will help by keeping the toxic stuff out of the house - he and I could both lose some.

jrw I find myself watching more and more PBS but didn't see Eragon. I will have to watch for it. I read the book. Looks like our area is due another weeks of snowing so I am hunkering down and snuggling in. Keep warm while those storms go through.

Well, I am trying to figure out what need doing for the day. So much isn't getting done. Sending you all hugs for the day and warm wishes. :D :D

10. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

It is so ture Joyce hubsands are some times trying and they think they are made of steal and nothing can hurt them.
    Well not so true they are just like you and me.
    I will worry about him all the time now. I will keep you all posted and let you know what his doctor has to say.
    He dosent like me posting any thing about him on the board but you know I have to talk to some one and you all are here for me.
    Thanks for being such good friends.
    Hugs to all

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Dixie - Tell John I'm glad he's okay. What a scare.

Joyce - The thing I found interesting about Flags of our Fathers is at the end when the narrator talks about the guys dying for their friends -- not their country. They fight for their country, but die for their friends. That's the first time I've heard it put that way and it really choked me up.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's Oscars. Then after that -------baseball :)!!

12. Dixie Chick

Dixie Chick New Member

Yes it did scare me. And all night I was checking him to see if he was breathing. He has a doctors appointment on Monday.
    He just has to learn not to stress over every thing. He thinks that he has to please every one and do every thing for every body. I have told him he dosent have to please any one but him self and ofcourse me. LOL

13. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

dixie,
    so glad hubby is okay. both of you guys take care :-*

14. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Hi ya'll! Been reading a little but just don't feel like posting much. Here's to feeling better by tomorrow for ALL!!!!!!!!! I always feel better reading hear. Love to know what everyone's up to (or down with :eek: ::) ;)).

Guess I've got the nystgma thing going on for the past few days resulting in the dreaded nausea :p :mad:. Been staying on phenergan and even used one of the $10 topical syringes!!!!! THAT's when I knew I really had a problem!!!! :D :D :D Still a little out of it as we all tend to say. I'd like to yak more (as you all well know! ;D) but reading and typing still a little yucky.

Quick tho - last nite just as I stepped on the trash can peddle to open it - the lights went out!!!!!! I took my foot off and they came back on! OK that was weird - so with electricity back on I stepped on it again and Bang... lights off!!! again!!!! Was freaking me out. Something blew somewhere and had a power outage of about 40-60 block radius!!!!! A friend told me maybe we should do a study of people with MM and power outages :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;).

Always thinking of all of you (you just don't know what I'm thinking!! lol) Love and Hugs! :-* :-*

Yes I agree w/ Linda and Raenell!!! Dixie!

15. jabber

jabber New Member

Hi to all you wonderful people, I've been hanging around and reading and posting here and there a little bit but just not really feeling all that great. The tinnitus has been unusually bad for the past week, I feel so sorry for poor Marian and for what she goes through with it, mine does at least ease off and for most of the time it's bearable. This past week has just been a very bad one for it, and of course the hearing and word association is just about nil. Been spending a lot of time in my bed this week, simply because when I'm sleeping I can't hear that dreaded noise BUT,- on the other hand, being in bed so much has not been good for this back and the disc problem. Been kind of like a no win situation lol.. Sitting isn't good either, guess where all this excess weight goes, yup-- pressure on the bulging disc which in turn puts more pressure on the nerve going down my leg... Well, better days are coming, for me and for everyone else that's been feeling under the weather, gotta think that way,-- the power of positive thinking right......
    Dixie, I hope all goes well with your Hubby, I well remember when mine was diagnosed with the heart problem, he has Atrial Fibrillation and an enlarged heart, in more danger of a stroke really than a heart attack, so far all his meds are working just fine and for the most part he just ignores the situation but it was really a lot of food for thought in the beginning.
    Well Joyce, I can honestly say that since my father passed away back in 2005, actually from the time he was first admitted to the hospital in 2003 and went from there to a Nursing Home where he was when he passed away, I have given thought to my own life. I think the first time the thought actually crossed my mind was when my mother passed away and Dad was not able to stay in the house and look after himself, we had to go through the house and get rid of everything except what Dad could keep in one room and of course what the person he would be living with at the time was willing to store for him. It was hard calling in the auctioneer and seeing the stuff all go, extremely hard on him.. Of course we all took what we thought had just too many memories to let go and I remember coming home and having a look around here, wondering what my kids would think was worth hanging on to and what they'd figure was just junk and pitch out. Over the years we've been doing a lot of our own sorting and pitching out but you know, somehow other stuff just always shows up so we haven't done a whole lot of downsizing in the long run lol...
    It was good to see you back Sami, gosh, between family problems and health problems it's been a very LONG couple of months. I look forward to Spring,- Spring to me is a new beginning, a re-birth if you will, nature comes alive again and the weather gets warmer, we can look forward to being outside more and just sitting in the sun listening to the birds, watching them build their nests and what not... It's just a very hopeful time of the year for me... I'm already looking at the gardening magazines for ideas for my planters, planter gardening is my thing now and has been for the past couple of years, much easier to take care of. Yes,- I most certainly am getting lazier in my old age....
    Marian,- I really enjoyed your post about housing developments and such taking over what used to be park lands and greenspace. We have it here as well and I dare say it's going on all over the world, right here in our own area we've lost so much greenspace to a major highway development. It's just SO sad, and we've lost a lot more due to housing developments as well, there just never seems to be an end to it all. High rise apartments going up everywhere you look that do nothing but block the view of everything.. It's next to impossible to get a building permit for a one floor plan house, they just take up far too much land space, you can get two,- two storey homes in the amount of land a one floor plan takes up, and if you have 2,- two storey homes there the municipality gets double the property taxes. So, what happens to the seniors that can no longer do the stairs etc. ? They end up in the high rise apartments. Not really where they want to be but they don't have any choice in the matter, most would like to still be able to putter in a small garden or yard if they're physically able to. Can you just imagine a senior living on the 10th floor in a high rise apartment building and the power going out for three days ?? It's happened, and there they are, trapped with elevators not working and the food in their fridges going bad,-- it's not a good scenario for able bodied people but for seniors it's horrific... Makes you think that seniors are now second class citizens, they are no longer productive members of society so they don't count for much.. AND then people wonder why we get grumpy... lol
    Well, I guess that's enough of my spouting off for now,- well,- just before I started posting here I saw something on t.v. about seniors and the GOLDEN YEARS, and I thought "if this is GOLDEN, I hate to think of what Platinum would be like"... Of course it wasn't a senior spouting off about it either lol--
    Anyway, I hope you all have a nice week-end, those that are not feeling well, you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you're all feeling a lot better real soon. Take care, stay healthy and happy.
    ((((((((((((((( HUGS TO ALL ))))))))))))) Loretta

16. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Just a real quick note to all you lovely fence hangers :-* :-*

I is as crook as Rookwood :( and haven't even read much today cause I was at the docs and then friends transported me and my bloods 65kms away to have them urgently done...looks like I am hypokalaemic and hyponatraemic (low potassium and low sodium) so am off the Diamox. I have blown up like a balloon while on that diuretic....all the fluid has shifted to my interstital spaces. I can't even see my ankle bones, they have disappeared :eek: :D and while I am a "big" girl I have ALWAYS had skinny legs and bony feet....but no more :'( :'(

Will try and update more soon but all you lovely people be spin free and healthy :-* :-*

Love Maggie

17. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Seems like a crook as Rookwood weekend ::). Hi again ya'll. Nausea and insomnia - what a combo! :p :-\ Instead let's all feel better!!!!!!! ;D ;D I think I like that better!

18. jill

jill New Member

Come on Ladies...this just isn't right! You all need to get out of this crook and fast. I hate seeing you all feeling so sick. Just not fair. :'( :'( Sending tons and tons of well wishes you way, and big HUGS too.

I finally watched the Departed last night. I liked it, but being from Mass. and hearing those actors trying to sport the Boston accent was a little to much fo me! I thought that they sounded to fake, not like real Bostonians to me. What did you think Linda, you've been here enough times, did you think it sounded fake? You probably watched in CC though right? I'm forgetting.

Well I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend or at least try to make the best of it for all not feeling well.

Love ya bunches!!

19. jrw

jrw New Member

Hey, Jill, I agree with you. There are too many feeling rotten lately. I'm sprinkling fairy dust on all of you to help you get better! And I'm hoping it's not contagious via computer. :D

We're expecting a blizzard tonight with 6-12" snow. But sometimes we skirt the storms so will stock up on milk and keep close to home tonight.

My girlfriend just got a 6 week old puppy, mix of golden & lab retriever. And she's got a 3 yr. old black mix dog, too. So got my dose of dog this week at her place playing with the puppy and dog. Kind of like grandkids, play with them and then leave them with their moms. Best of both worlds. :)
    Sending positive vibes and that fairy dust to all of you.

20. dizzjo

Saturday 24 February 2007

If you choose to keep good company, your life will be easier and far less stressful.

(Lately I have been my own company except for here - which is good company. I am eager to get some energy and do something with a good friend for real.)

I do feel much better, but still have the bronchial cough and feel totally zapped of energy. I am thinking I need a good meal later today - a pasta meal or something, and a salad.

Loretta I have been thinking along those lines about downsizing too. I am afraid I will wait till I am too old. I remember my friend who was in her late 70's when forced to downsize a little. Still, she is in a 3 bedroom large home and in her late 80's now. She still remembers stuff she wished sh had not got rid of.
    My father had to move from his 3 bed room to one room (senior living center) and my sisters helped him have an estate sale. We could buy things after an appraisal and before the sale. I bought a few things, sigh unseen and had my sisters pick them for me. It rankled me that I paid $10.00 for a bud vase that easily could be got at a second hand store for 50 cents. I had wanted a few nice pieces of the milk glass that had once been my grandmothers. After he moved from the senior center he had a few things he insisted go to different members of the family and then when he passed away the few remaining things were by lottery.

I look at all the stuff I have in our 4 bedroom house and 2 garages and see so much 'stuff" and can't imagine who would want it. The older I get the more I realize I need to downsize. On my side of the family, I am the older generation and that sort of freaks me out a little.

Maggie Sorry you are still "crook" - I feel your pain. It will be nice for us all to be feeling well again.

Jill I have to laugh at accents that actors try to put into scenes too. Most of the time, it seems it would be better if they just used their own voice.

Linda There is a wonderful camaraderie and bonding that takes place with people you serve with. You become best friends and brothers and sisters unlike any you will have anywhere else. I can only imagine those close connections during times of war are even stronger.

Carol We need to get out of the doldrums here and start feeling better.

Dixie You and John start getting better too. It is sounding too much like a hospital sick ward here with sick staff trying to take care of the others. LOL

jrw You are the well one, I think. ;) glad you brought the pixie dust! BTW - hubby drove home yesterday and there was a flock of robins in our yard. He said at least 50 were on the ground pecking at the ground and into the apple tree to nibble at the apples still there (crab apple). He sat in the truck for a while to just watch them, knowing they would be spooked when he opened the door. He said he had never seen that many birds in our yard at one time before. Generally we see more crows and other blackbirds in the back yard about now. I heard on the news that clouds of locusts are moving north.

hi to Rae Nell, Marian and others Hope you all have a great weekend. :D :D