Doctors say cannabis treats Meniere's Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Caribbean, May 5, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

http://cannablog.wordpress.com/2006/09/30/doctors-say-cannabis-treats-menieres-disease/

[​IMG]

2. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

Like the United State's government would even consider marijuana as a legitimate treament for anything. Good luck getting funding to research that. Great picture, by the way. A relative?

3. David Loudenback

David Loudenback New Member

:) Shoot, I feel pretty much that way all the time for free, these days! Without the cottonmouth!

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I am pro-homeopathic and non-invasive for Menieres. Cannabis? Probably depends on what state you're in....this is all I could find for legal use of cannibas for medical reasons. AK, CA, HI, ME, MT, NV, NY, NM, OR, RI, VT, and WA have all passed pot laws since 1996 for medical use.

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=3391

5. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

6. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

In fact yes, my youngest sister. :)

7. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Its hard enough to get a script for Acyclovir, can you imagine asking your ENT for Pot. :eek:

I can hear my kids now! Daddy youve been watching to many Cheech and Chong movies...............

8. rev

rev New Member

Am I the only one wondering how you ..."stumbled" across this article ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Seriously, like all treatments, this one has been suggested. To my recollection, most folks here said it didn't help much. Though I don't know what their regimen for use was.

9. ThornInDaesSide

ThornInDaesSide New Member

I don't smoke, and honestly don't think I could bring myself to try it. Plus, if DH were exposed to it, it could cost him his job. Not worth the risk, imo.

10. coastal_md

coastal_md New Member

Caribbean (and everyone else out there) let me assure you this is a borderline ridiculous suggestion that cannabis be considered a treatment for MM. I hadn't tried it for a couple of years until 2 months ago I was on a buck's weekend and had a few tokes on a 'Bob Marley' and let me tell you - I felt like S*IT the following week!! My ears were ringing like Notre Dame's bells for a week and thought the world was out to get me, never again will I have it!!

11. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

I’m not a lawyer (but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night), So rev I'm going to have to take the fifth on this one. :)

Seriously, smoking has always been a trigger for me, so I think Ill leave those memories back in the sixty's.

Hey! what about fudge brownies ???, nah....never mind. :eek:

Be well / Larry

12. hydrops

hydrops New Member

I think cannabis will grow as an alternative treatment for MM just like it has for several other diseases, including multiple sclerosis and severe migraines (non-MM migraines). It will be one of those treatments that simply provides temporary relief. Won't be a huge breakthrough.

13. jmunding

jmunding New Member

hydrops
    welcome and i was wondering about your signature. you said that you started with this disease after a infection and head trauma?
    I am asking about this because i was ended up with this horrible disease after a blood infection. I never thought for a minute that this could have been caused by a head trauma and it makes alot of sense because i had been wrapped around a telephone pole after being hit and run by a car. The head injury was such that i had to start all over again but i have never thought for once to think to as the dr if it was caused by this. It is certainly a dif avenue that we can now go down and i will push for to investigate. The blood posioning i had had was because i had gone to the aide of a tortuise that we had found hurt and abandoned and i cut my hand on the injured part of the shell and and not thought at that time that anything like this would ever happen. As a result of the blood posioning i ended up with a extremely high fever which they had alot of trouble getting under control.

I am so happy that you posted this thread with the infection/accident because my drs are still trying to figure out why my episodes are lasting longer and longer.

14. jmunding

jmunding New Member

by the way carribean?
    Pot is easy to get by perscription here. Alot of drs throw percriptions for it around as if its candy., lmao maybe you are in the wrong place. lmao

15. hydrops

hydrops New Member

For me, it initially started as a viral infection.

I had a lot of symptoms at that time. It came on real fast; I had never been sick before. I thought I was accustomed to pain, but it was something at a different level. Pain, blood pressure inexplicably going up and down (never had bp problems before that...and haven't since it subsided), vertigo, etc.

I've had some head trauma in the past.

I did improve after that as far as my ears go, but nothing within a semblance of normalcy. Basically kept me out of the emergency room and unscheduled doctor visits. It's been a gradual process of improvement since then, but once again, not "normal."

16. rev

rev New Member

Larry,
    You crack me up. Being a wild child growing up, I would think I was immune or way ahead on this med if it worked.

Glad I left that behind in the early 70's.

I'm dizzy enough and foggy enough - so I don't want anything else contributing to my symptoms.

17. muzicgirl

muzicgirl Of course, I'm the one in the blue bathing suite!

I will honestly say that out of desparation I once tried smoking pot while having an attack. . . . I recovered muchquicker with much less lag time. . . .if it were legal, I would grow it myself. . .
    -m

18. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

for some reason I'm craving brownies now..... ;) :)

19. cheese

cheese New Member

lol ...getting the munchies on a lo-so diet would torture.

I'm picturing watching my mates get stuck into a bucket of kfc whilst i'm left with something that resembles bird feed .....akk

20. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16902143/