Do you

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Aug 20, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I view it as people trying to figure things out back in the day.

Do you go to your public library often?

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Not since my sister retired :)

Have you had or thought of having plastic surgery and what on/for?

3. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No
    No frigging way I am having surgery for esthetic reasons. I had two for childbirth reasons and that's enough. The only surgeries I am willing to undergo are for health reasons. I'm totally okay with having a flawed body and face :D

4. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Do you love what you do?

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

NO

I should have followed my passion and interest but was afraid I could not support myself or a family doing it.

I regret not doing it.

6. Elarandra

Elarandra New Member

Although I enjoy what I do and am good at what I do, it's not what I planned to do with my life. I majored in music education but could not continue with it for various reasons. I dropped out of college with 5 classes before before I got my degree. I later wnt back to online school and got a degree in criminal justice, but I don't actually do anything with it. It's just a very expensive piece of paper.

I work as a multi-unit account coordinator for a major foodservice distributor. My customers and coworkers love me and love my work. And I like being here. But I truly wanted to be a high school band director. That will never happen though.

Do you enjoy trying foods from other cultures?

7. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Yes, very much so!

Do you like stationery? I love it.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Do you think sacrificing your own happiness so others may be happy is a good thing?

9. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

No ... never ... been there, done that.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Happiness is not derived by what others give/do for us but by what we accomplish ourselves. That is the gift we give to others is to let them find their own happiness.

11. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I have a hard time relating to that way of thinking as well.

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

That thinking helps no one. In my humble opinion. :)

13. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Example?

14. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Anything that robs you of your happiness just so someone else can be happy. I'm sure the examples are different for everyone.

15. Titus

Titus New Member

If the sacrifice is short-term, maybe. An example might be having a child who is in her last year of high school. I get a job that is out-of-State. My daughter is very happy in her life and will be off to college next year. Do I wait or move? That would be a short-term example, IMO.

It's a very hard question but being selfless is also very hard to do. I think I would have to determine my answer from a factual situation.

16. daBronx

daBronx New Member

do my own taxes?
    No,my daughter does them for me mainly because Schedule K-1 is very complicated.

17. June-

June- New Member

I think that is a false choice as stated. "Happiness" is not something that can be "sacrificed".

18. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

No idea. That's why I asked.

19. June-

June- New Member

Where did you hear it?

20. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I can come up with a few questions all on my own from time to time :D