Difference between Vertigo and Spinning

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dizzychick, Oct 7, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. nassman

nassman Guest

Valium and vicodin? Both these drugs are EXTREMELY dangerous and addictive. Instead of taking strangers' advice on the internet, I would speak to a doctor before continuing to take these two drugs on a regular and/or long term basis.

2. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

I think Dr. Burcon said it best while posting here.... "Vertigo is to dizziness what Migraines are to headaches"

SpinininOhio

3. dizzychick

dizzychick New Member

My Doctor prescribed me to be taking Valium every 4-6 hours, or as needed, and the Vicodin to control, I'm not really sure what?? but it does help when I get the headaches, it also seems to keep me going through the day, before I started taking it I could not do anything or get anything done at all...so it seems to be working. However I would never take strangers advice, my doctor prescribed these medications to me along with others, I do consider these "strangers" very helpful though, and I thank you for your concern as well nassman

Erin

4. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Thanks Dizzychick, even though i'm a stranger to you i've been on this board for years (PamelaJean). I recently had to change my name because of computer problems. Anyway, valium and vicodin is a big "punch" together i agree. I'd find out why both, you need to be right on top of what they prescribe and why. Remember i also am trying alternative ways with acupuncture that seem to be key in working. I know all about addictive drugs, i have a very addictive personality but when i gave in to the valium my vertigo blew out the window and i was able to function?? I'd rather function then be lifeless and housebound. I gave up all my "addictions" ie...coffee/sugar/booze/cigs, COLD TURKEY....so there are many things in life that are "addictive", not just pharmacuticals. Being aware of what interacts with what is important, do your research, get many opinions from many doctors. AND keep on reading the posts here, much information and opinions to be had!

5. abra

abra New Member

I would be very careful taking Vicodin when you have a disease which may lead to hearing loss anyway. Vicodin has been associated with hearing loss at high doses. I would ask my doctor to check on that. It may be fine, but...better safe than sorry.

http://www.hearinglossweb.com/Medical/Causes/oto/vic.htm