Chicken Soup for Tamara

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by Mya46, Nov 9, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

One whole chicken washed (i prefer Perdue). In stock pot i put olive oil, chopped red onion, 4 to 5 cloves minced garlic, oregano and the leaves of the celery stalk. I sautee for a few minutes, and does it smell good!!! :p Then i put in chicken, legs side down, cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cover, boil (not hard boil) for one hour. Always check to make sure enough water, add more if needed. After an hour, take out chicken put on plate to cool. Stab with knife to open up meat to cool, eat as you go along, haaaaaaaa...best part for me! Add chopped frozen spinach to soup/chopped fresh carrots/chopped celery. I then use some organic chicken broth or veggie broth, not much but enough to give a taste (i don't worry about the sea salt). I also use the no msg chick broth low sodium by Swanson or they now have organic. Add chicken pieces as soup is on a slow boil, eat a few yourself and feed the dog at your feet..... and then add some organic pasta, not a LOT! Just a little, or brown rice, whateva you prefer. Let simmer for about 15mins. Stir, smell.....then EAT! I put no salt saltines in and sometimes top with fresh grated parm cheese. ;D

Let me know how it turns out! :)

Mya

2. pardonme

pardonme Guest

3. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Pardon me......No, that means "you "get to eat more of the chicken as you debone it for soup! Hey, don't forget the meat on it's back, there are 2 spots that have the "best" tasting....they scoop out...dark meat ( i love dark meat ).