Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

I have not spent much time in Santa Barbara -- we just drove through it on our way home from Disneyland one time. Here is a link to the "Things to Do" section of the city website.
    http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/Visitor/Things/

Part of the charm of San Luis Obispo is that even as the town grew they tried to keep the small town feel. The city leaders are very committed to supporting local businesses. When we lived there, the downtown area was one of the best I'd ever seen. At the time, it had undergone a massive revitalization project which became a model for downtown revitalization efforts all over California. Outside of a Barnes and Noble, I don't think there were any chain type businesses downtown at all. That may have changed once the economy went south, but like I said, it's been awhile since I was there. I would recommend visiting a winery when you're there, if you like that sort of thing, or at least visiting the downtown district. Lots of charming shops and snobby people. :)

Or, have lunch at the Madonna Inn.
    http://www.madonnainn.com/

My husband and I never stayed there, but we did go for lunch one time.

2. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Duh,I forgot the obvious --the missions. Those are nice if you're a history buff.

3. June-

June- New Member

Thanks! When i started going to LA for apts, i thought, why couldnt this dr be anywhere else but LA! But with each succeeding visit i have gotten to like LA and SoCal more. Now i plan my recreation before i go!

4. June-

June- New Member

Thanks, I am.

5. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Green Smoothies! Make yours the way you like it. Just be sure you add more vegetables than fruit. Today mine had:

a handful of Italian parsley
    a piece of fresh ginger
    a tsp. of turmeric powder
    lots of baby spinach
    some slices of cucumber
    a small carrot
    a juicy mango
    a few fresh strawberries

Bottoms up!

I believe we can get most all our nutrients from food and while they may not cure MM or cure MAV, good, whole foods certainly make these conditions way more manageable than before.

6. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

...and 2 tbs. of ground chia powder which packs a bunch of calcium and protein. No need for calcium supps or dairy when you can get Ca from plant sources.

7. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

I think i still have cousins in cambria, mny years ago near there I picked oranges avocados, lemons? one of my favorite memories. makes me homesick too

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I put dandelion in my green smoothie today. It was so good. I expected it to be very bitter but I think the mango took care of that.