Casual Conversation

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Intrepid, Nov 7, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. June-

June- New Member

And if we all speak up, we will keep each other honest.

2. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I dunno about that. Many people speak up and say all kinds of sh*t anyway. I think (for me) personal development is key. If you can't challenge yourself, it doesn't matter how much someone else speaks up.

3. dolfan

dolfan Active Member

Hi Intrepid, how are you? :)

4. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

I agree, ingrepid, & perhaps the most objected status is based on class

5. bulldogs

bulldogs New Member

I'll stay out of this conversation but stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason, they are often correct. People need to get over it and stop being so sensitive.

Good night!

6. June-

June- New Member

What stereotype fits you?

7. June-

June- New Member

Without people speaking up for themselves we in this country would still have segregation, women would not have the right to vote etc etc. it wasn't prejudiced people challenging themselves and personal enlightenment that caused the change.

8. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Exactly...people speaking up for THEMSELVES. Not just speaking up and out and aloud. That type of talk is so cheap.

9. June-

June- New Member

Yes, that's what i meant.

10. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

I don't spend my time thinking about what I hate, I'm to busy just trying to get through the day.

I was told by a close friend once that I was colorless. It took me a bit to understand that she meant I don't see color, I see people. One of the greatest compliments I've ever recieved.

Someday, prejudice will end - I hope for that and look forward to it. Hope it's in my lifetime but I think not.

As for sterotyping, I believe it's only in that indivisual's mind, not in the 'group' they've come to hate.

Many people hate Amercians - go figure.

June - you are so cool :)

11. June-

June- New Member

Hi Holly, nice to see you back!

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

"We are sun and moon, dear friend; we are sea and land. It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is: each the other’s opposite and complement."

(Hermann Hesse)

Received this in a post card. It's so lovely I thought I'd share.

13. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I like it. Thanks for sharing. :)

Too bad it doesn't have a cutesy picture with it :D

14. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Wish everybody could read this and realy understand it. Good post.

15. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Feeling the urge to pack up and move somewhere new. New faces, new language, new culture, new cuisine, new landscape.

16. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Toronto?? :D

We are all you want ;)

17. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Too cold. I'm a summer all year round type of gal ;D

18. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

19. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

I need to find a place with warm weather all year round. Not tropical but hot is okay too. Help me! :D

20. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Mediterranean ... not that cold in their winter. :)