Can we eat regular chips once in a while?

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by angels29, Oct 26, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! I was wondering...if we watch our sodium all week long can we eat chips 2 days out of the week? I really dont treat myself much to anything so I was hoping this would be ok.

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

angels, first you might want to know if you need to adapt to a low sodium diet. Perhaps you have already done this. Not all of us must do this.
    Paul

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Beth -

I manage to do this once in a while without problems. A treat every now and then is a good thing.

4. jrw

jrw New Member

I eat chips occasionally, too, but always put just a few in a bowl. Putting an open bag out is a good way to overindulge. But a few taste really good now and then.

5. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Yeah, what everyone else said!!!

I have no problems with an occasional treat. But like jrw said, measure them out first!

6. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

yeah, a chipless life is a dull life........check the sodium labels on different ones. Some health store brands sell a small bag with a total sodium count of around 160 to 200mgs of sodium. You can easily work that one into your limit and ENJOY yourself.