Can the bickering stop?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by GinaMc, Mar 10, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Sorry for bumping this thread.....but I think I might be addicted to it.....kind of like a soap opera.....

2. Mnme

Mnme Guest

That's just the point Cheese. That statement is correct to you.. and to possibly all ENT's... but to me and an increasing number of actual sufferers, it's not true at all. Personally I'd rather remove limitations by myself rather than wait for someone (if it ever happens) to tell me when I can do that. I am astounded at how much we can do for ourselves. But it only happens when we think it's possible.

Lee

3. cheese

cheese New Member

Fair enough, Lee. I can understand that. Who am I to say someone isn't cured, when they say they are? I can definitely respect that.

But for me personally, I would like to see some hard evidence to back up the claims. If the evidence was there, it would mean a lot less suffering for the couple of million people afflicted with the condition. And through my eyes, I don't really see that as being blinkered, I see that as just being reasonable.

Maybe the cure is already in use by some, who knows ...but of this day, there is no documented cure, or cause.

Am i a skeptic?? definitely. But it's only because i've been filled with false promises in the past ......false promises that in some cases cost a lot of money, and broke my already broken spirit.

4. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

Ditto...

5. Mnme

Mnme Guest

You explained that beautifully Cheese. I am so sorry you feel like your spirit has already been broken ... although I can't say I blame you, as I felt like that at one point. But hopefully it's just taking a well earned rest ready to go again when something stirs your interest. :)

6. cheese

cheese New Member

lol ....Lee, even though our views and opinions may be from polar opposites a lot of the time, I can't help but sense some kind of zen buddha wisdom screaming from your posts. So yes, maybe you're right ..... maybe round 7 is just around the corner. But for now i'm enjoying being the grumpy cynic ;)

7. jebb

jebb New Member

Hi Gina,
    I agree some of the bickering is pointless.

But for me debate is healthy and given the costs involved in pursuing some of the treatments a very good thing. I like to see both sides of an argument.

Also can you explain why every time I come on there are now adverts popping up all over the place for chiropractors surgeries? Could it be a coincidence.

8. The ads seem to be placed based on what's on the board you are looking at.

One time I even got ads in Cyrllic because Bergie and I were annoying each other in Russian.

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Jebb - Ray uses ads now to help pay for the site.

10. goldie

goldie me and joshua

Larry I wish i were on that island. It looks so peaceful. Goldie

11. johnny pinwheel

johnny pinwheel New Member

this has been going on since i became a member. certain people like to instigate then when one retaliates , they report. i'm 44 and sick i don't have time for childrens games. there was an opinion category here but it was terminated. because people ruined it. so i post alot less because of it. i even considered leaving but i like alot of the folks here. i can only write about mm and being sick so much, now we can't even hold discussons on events or politics because the jerk-offs couldn't grow up! there was even one woman that damned people to hell if you didn't agree with her and i consider myself a christain and don't judge anyones beliefs. unfortunatly people want to be God or never bothered to grow up and realize the greatness of our society is the DIFFERENCES we have. if you disagreed with some of them they were all over you like a bad habit. trying to define a person by what was written on a website because you didn't fit their "mold". no wonder the US is falling apart at the seams. its 2007 and instead of progressing we are regressing. its even flowed over to websites, for ,of all things sick people. if things keep going the way they are ,well ,i feel very sorry for my children and future grandchildren.it seems mans worst enemy is himself.

12. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

We are all different and different things work for different people. Because something hasn't worked for one does not mean it won't work for another.

That being said --- Whatever helps is good! IMO

13. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

I miss the Den too and for the same reason, but I believe you and I are in the minority. I know this is a support/informational forum and Ray has said there are other forums where political/event topics are discussed. My problem is I don't read or write in any other forum. I don't have the time. Even more important I believe over the years I have formed relationships with many of the members and have come to respect their opinions. I wish we were allowed to be complete individuals within this forum. Religion is discussed, why not politics/world events? If we are aware a subject or area may be heated and stressful ... just don't click on it. No one is forced to read or to post on any thread. I am not just a Menierian. I am a whole (if somewhat dizzy) person. I regret the few who forced the majority to pay the price. :'(

I wonder if Ray would consider (if it is even possible) to add an area that required a request to participate (and a donation perhaps). Once admited the individual would be responsible for handling their own emotions and no reporting would be allowed - unless something illegal was occurring. Just thinking out loud really ....

14. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

:p :p :p just had to add my two cents or actually three tongues

15. johnny pinwheel

i remember you. you had alot of good points. the fact of the matter is even the people that i disagreed with did too. its just i'm sick and sometimes DON'T want to think about it. in fact, i know i'll get abuse for this too, some people come on here and cry about it constantly. and believe me i have it bad so i know what its like. but we still have to be active. if we can take walks we have to walk our brains too. i liked writing about things that had nothing to do with mm and still be in the company of people that "KNOW" how we live. to me this website lost alot of lustre and respect. i'm sorry if i offended anyone but thats how i truly feel . john

16. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Ceeka; a donation would be a great incentive for those truly interested in politics. :)

Johnny; I come here less now, too. I hope I wasn't the one you were speaking of, if so, I am sorry. But, I like your quote, "if we can take walks we have to walk our brains too". :)

17. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

Ditto

18. johnny pinwheel

no. i never had any problems. there was only one person that i thought was over the top and i think shes gone. i never complained or reported, my only complaint is that the den is gone and i don't like to talk mm all the time . thats all .

19. dlbach1

dlbach1 New Member

This is all part of the reason I stopped posting and went bye-bye's. I do come and check in ever so often to see if anyone has come up with a cure. I just don't tarry.

20. johnny pinwheel

ditto. i stay in touch. post a few things when i'm not well or bored. but its not the same.