Can anyone recommend a good bread machine?

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by cheese, Oct 2, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cheese

cheese New Member

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has a bread machine that they think is worthy of recommendation??

Trying to buy lo-salt bread is becoming a real pain in the arse, and at $5 a loaf, an expensive one too.

Australia might not be up to speed with abstract brand names ...but we've got Kranbrook, Breville, Sunbeam etc

Thanks

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Hi Cheese,

My Black and Decker bread making machine became toast about 4 or 5 months ago. It only lasted 5 years and probably only made 250 loaves during its lifetime. I thought it should have been able to make at least 1000 loaves before giving up the ghost. Since Black and Decker is a US product, I am not sure you guys have that brand. Just as well.

Right now I make my bread by hand. I am sure it comes out better than a machine made loaf and am thinking it is worth the effort and time. Still, if someone gave me a bread making machine for Christmas, I’d probably use it.

Looking forward to more posts on your question,

Joe

3. mcfarkus3

mcfarkus3 New Member

I've got a West Bend. It's a workhorse. It's older (7 years), and is easy to clean, no problems.

4. angels29

angels29 New Member

Hi! I think Sunbeam makes one too.

5. cheese

cheese New Member

Thanks for the input guys.

We used to get alot of black and decker stuff out here but i dont think i've seen anything from them in years. I've never heard of West Bend either, which is a shame, because it sounds solid. Sunbeam we do get though, so I might just go buy the 1st one i come across, i suppose they're all much the same

6. connordr

connordr Me with grandkids

I have a Panasonic Bread Bakery. It's old, but I make about one loaf a month so it seems t hold up. The loaves are oblong, not round, which I prefer.
    DC

7. Peggy

Peggy Grandkids gotta love um

I have a Oster bread maker and I really like it. Speaking from a person that doesn't like to cook alot.

8. Chuck_Noland

Chuck_Noland New Member

I did some of my own personal research and the machine that seems to have the best recommedations for the lowest price is the Bread Man TR900S. You can get these at target for $99.