Autism, mercury and...Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Taximom5, Jan 3, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

doesn't make it untrue, just that he was lazy. there seems to be an astrological indication for autism-asperger's. wouldn't make it everyone with that indication, justn perhaps an indication for possibility, likethe genetic indications the scientists like to talk about.

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

At this point, he has been accused of fraud--but no proof has been offered. We are told that medical records were changed--but the parents of the 12 kids whose records are questioned not only stand firmly with Wakefield, but also question how Brian Deere (the journalist behind the accusations, whose initial 4 years of harassment of Andrew Wakefield was funded by Merck, according to public documents) supposedly got ahold of those records without their permission--which would be illegal.

Wakefield insists he changed nothing, misrepresented nothing, and voluntarily submitted everything he was legally permitted to to the GMC years ago. The initial "case" against him was that the results of his paper--in which he claimed that he and his colleagues had uncovered a novel form of bowel disease associated with autism--had not been duplicated, and were therefore invalid.

Since then, 5 independent studies in different countries have duplicated those results.

It is important to note that media worldwide has spent the last several years misquoting his paper, calling it a "study" (it was in fact a small case series), saying that he concluded that the MMR caused autism, that vaccines caused autism, and that parents should cease vaccinating their children. In fact, in the paper, it clearly states in the conclusion: "We did not prove an association between measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine and the syndrome described....We have identified a chronic enterocolitis in children that may be related to neuropsychiatric dysfunction. In most cases, onset of symptoms was after measles, mumps, and rubella immunisation. Further investigations are needed to examine this syndrome and its possible relation to this vaccine."

What has been done is that the Merck and other vaccine industries funded a full-out witch hunt against him, and the press has largely quoted only Merck's side of the issue without bothering to research the facts.

For example, it has been reported that Wakefield had applied for a patent for a competing measles vaccine. In fact, the Royal Free Hospital had applied for a patent for something called "transfer factor," which was to TREAT a persistent measles infection. Wakefield's name was not on the patent, and it wasn't a vaccine, but a treatment for what the vaccine was supposed to prevent.

Mainstream media continues to report that studies have proved no link between vaccines and autism, despite the fact that only the MMR has been studied for a link with autism--not any of the other 34 vaccines given, and never has there been a study of whether vaccines given together might be linked with autism.

Paul Thorson, employee of the CDC and the director of the largest study that purported to show no link between vaccines and autism, has been accused of defrauding Aarhus University of 2 million dollars earmarked for research, and then disappearing: http://www.cphpost.dk/news/international/89-international/48229-researcher-accused-of-cheating-uni-out-of-millions.html. But mainstream media in the US has never reported this. And he is still nowhere to be found.

Wakefield's original paper can be read inits entirety here: http://generationrescue.org/pdf/wakefield2.pdf

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

CNN does seem to be showing both sides of the story: http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/01/jb-handley-talks-to-cnns-ali-velshi-on-vaccine-safety.html

4. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

there are other sources of mercury given to infants, ore were when I was born: drop(s) of it in the eyes in case the mother had std's. & I would say given infants whose immune system is yet unformed, doses of various pathogens (in the vaccines) is not good.

5. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

mars square to jupiter. 50-90 % in a small study.

6. Wino

Wino Resident Honey Badger

Wakefield has nobody but himself to blame for this alleged misunderstanding. And this talking point you cited -- which Wakefield and his defenders repeat as a mantra -- is one example of Wakefield's double-talking and disingenuity.

On the one hand, Wakefield claims that: 1) this was not a study; and that 2) he was never making any claims that MMR caused autism. Technically, this is correct, as can be seen from the conclusion quoted above. HOWEVER -- and this is directly from Wakefield's own book, Callous Disregard" -- during the press conference held when the study was published, Wakefield verbally told reporters that this study provided fairly definitive evidence of a link between MMR and autism. He admits that in his book. Do you see the double-talk there? He defends himself by citing that this was not a study and it didn't prove anything, but then still contends verbally that this "research" DOES show a link. Which is it? More disturbingly, instead of acceptiong any responsibility at all for it, in the book he blames the administration of the Royal Free Hospital for "letting him" make those statements to reporters.

If you listen to Wakefield, he's never done a single thing wrong in his whole life. But if something happened to have been wrong, then it was someone else's fault.

7. Wino

Several years ago I did missionary work in a Third World country. Living in our bubble of comfort, it's pretty astonishing to see people suffering from diseases that are practically unheard of over here due to vaccinations and modern medical care. If you've never seen an 8 year-old girl with polio with your own eyes, consider yourself extremely lucky.

8. Wino

Oh, I know. The "you" in my post was a general thing. Not YOU you. :D

9. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

If you've never held a 2-month-old baby suffering from vaccine-induced seizures (and I have), consider yourself extremely lucky.

As for polio in third-world countries:

"We are now witnessing a disaster in African countries caused by the older live virus polio vaccines that has now produced an epidemic of vaccine related polio, that is, polio caused by the vaccine itself. In fact, in some countries polio was not seen until the vaccines was introduced! The WHO and "vaccinologist experts" from this country now justify a continued polio vaccination program with this dangerous vaccine on the basis that now that they have created the epidemic polio they cannot stop the program. In a recent article it was pointed out that this is the most deranged reasoning since more vaccines will mean more vaccine related cases of polio."
    J. T. Jacob, 'A Developing Country Perspective on Vaccine-Associated Paralytic Poliomyelitis.' WHO Bulletin 2004, 82:53-58

"Some studies get published by tweaking their conclusions. For example, in an outbreak of paralytic polio in Oman in 1988-9 that started shortly after an immunization program...The actual state that the outbreak occurred "in the face of model immunization" and that the region with the highest attack had one of the highest coverage rates whereas the region with the lowest coverage had the lowest attack rate and that there was "no correlation between vaccine coverage rates and attack rates in the region." By the time they get to the concluding paragraph, however, the authors are calling for more vaccines in the schedule, more mass campaigns..."
    Jayne Donegan, MBBS DRGOG, DCH, DFFP, citing study from Lancet 1991, 338:715-20

"The IMA (Indian Medical Association) has a figure of 85,000- vaccine attributed polio victims – up to 2005... Doctors have been advised to keep quiet on these issues for the "greater good" of humanity. It is sad that no effort is being made to track, treat and compensate the unfortunate children. GAVI, UNICEF, Rotary and WHO do not reply to our emails making it plainly evident they aren't the least bothered about the health of Indian children. Shame on those who wish to profit by killing and maiming little babies."
    Dr. Omesh Bharati 'Politics of Vaccination II'

"When WHO officials discovered a polio outbreak in Nigeria was sparked by the polio vaccine itself They assumed it would be easier to stop than the natural "wild" virus. They were wrong... The virus in the vaccine can mutate into a deadlier version that ignites new outbreaks."
    'Polio Surge in Nigeria after Vaccine Virus Mutates', Associated Press, 8/14/09

"At the main hospital in Mbararay (Uganda) more than 600 children died following polio vaccination."
    Khua Nkuba, Nov. 2002 speaking to the National Vaccine Information Centre, former East African Radio World Broadcasters (who lost his job and had his life threatened for honestly broadcasting the affects of the live virus polio vaccine in Uganda)

"...They started vaccinating and within four months had an outbreak of over 350 cases of polio."
    Viera Schiebner PhD citing stats from Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, 1991 concerning polio vaccine campaign in several South American countries

10. Ladysmokeater

Ladysmokeater Peace be with you my friend

I keep telling people the same kind of thing when they talk about drinking and driving: Until you have held a person who is dying because of a drunk driver and you literally have part of his brains in your hands and you look at them die, you can not understand how horrible it is for someone to drink and drive.

Or you talk about not doing cocaine when you are pregnate and you hold a baby that the drugged up mom decided to call an ambulance for and see the vacant expression, and see the physical markers that say "Fetal alchohal" syndrome too. And the mom smells like pot and wants you to take that baby to the hospital because she is short of breath, and the grandmother fills you in on her drug use and you look at that tiny, prematurely born-but-now-three-month-old that is so small for her size and not acting like a three month old.

Or you see a person dying from Hep B, contracted from a work exposure, and they tell you they only wish they had had the vaccine through yellowed and tearfilled eyes as you take them to the hospital one last time.

And you wonder, what could we have done to prevent this? All could have been PREVENTED by making decisions. Deciding NOT to drink and drive, Deciding NOT to do drugs, Deciding to take those three shots.

Babies have febral seziures all the time. Not every baby, but it IS common. I havent seen one because of a vaceen yet. I have seen brain damaged kids from prenatal mother drug use, shaking, auto accidents, and just regular old run of the mill accidents. More kids die in auto accidents than from vaccines.
    Check out the WHO link on types of child deaths IN THE WORLD on page 21 of this PDF http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2008/9789241563574_eng.pdf
    Note the number of things that can be vacinated against.

Now look at simmilar figures from the US where most kids are vaccinated. This PDF is one page and is from the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/pdf/Death_by_Age_2007-a.pdf

Note the blue squares. These are accidents that include burns, auto accidents, and fall injuries among others. Most, not all, listed are things that have nothing to do with vaccinations or the illnesses we vaccinate against. The Flu being one exception specifically listed.

Just some facts and figures to look at.

11. Wino

Because I'm the meanest SOB to ever patrol an internet message board.

12. June-

June- New Member

If you are a certain age you knew children in your own town in the US who had polio.

13. Wino

I haven't quite reached that fine vintage yet.

14. June-

June- New Member

:D
    Sooner than you think. :D

15. Wino

I'm going to have to step up my game, then. I can't stomach second place.

16. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

the other flu shots are preserved with aluminum, nearly as bad.

17. June-

June- New Member

These things certainly could be bad for us but I don't know that they are in the quantities we are exposed to them. It's a balancing act trying to avail ourselves of the good parts of modern life without the side effects. My greatest worry for the next generation is the waves going through the air and heads of our kids from cellular and wireless devices. It can't be harmless.

In fact I wonder if that has been studied with regard to the rise in autism. Brain waves, radio waves, microwaves.

Just for the heck of it i just googled autism and cell phones and got a lot of hits. Here is one http://www.switched.com/2007/04/19/cell-phones-and-autism/

I have no idea at all if these studies have been confirmed, discounted or anything else. I was just curious and apparently so are a number of other people.

18. KTabc

KTabc Cheese Head Dumbass

Speaking of studies--please read the article in Newsweek (v. 157, no. 5 January 31, 2010)

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/23/why-almost-everything-you-hear-about-medicine-is-wrong.html

Even in the scientific community, there is NO agreement!

~KT

19. June-

June- New Member

Why would people with no history of heart disease take statins? I never heard of that. But in general, I am a minimalist where meds are involved. If it ain't broke don't fix it. I think a large amount of the breathless headlines about new medicines, supplements or whatever being just what we need turns out to be false although not with bad intentions.

These are not easy decisions though. When we have something bad wrong with us we have to weigh the risks.

20. LisaB

LisaB New Member

We have a lot of autoimmune in our family, so I have always been very careful asking about vaccines, especially when my kids were young.
    I believe in modern medicine.

Both my pediatrician and endocrinologist told me that the risks are much, much higher for my children not getting vaccinated than if they did. I believe them 100%.
    My daughter and I would not be alive today if it weren't for insulin, just discovered in the last 100 years. I feel very lucky to be alive today.

Autism is very frightening. I am not sure what causes it, and hope they find out for sure.