Anxiety and depression, panic and agoraphobia

Discussion in 'Meniere's Disease "Database"' started by waxwing, Oct 14, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

?

have you ever suffered from one or more of these problems?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2006.
  1. generalized anxiety disorder

25 vote(s)
    78.1%
  2. clinical depression

14 vote(s)
    43.8%
  3. panic disorder

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. agoraphobia

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. other phobia

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. none of the above

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. all of the above

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling much better right now - my usual evening reprieve. Going to bed now with prayers for a better tomorrow. I'll get some labwork done with my psychiatrist and discuss possible medication adjustments. Thank you again for brainstorming with me.

2. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

How'd it go with the doctor appointment Anne?

3. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

We all not stress, good stress and bad stress, can contribute to a decline in our condition.
    Stress causes anxiety
    Anticipating good things can cause anxiety too
    Breathing excercises can only help so much
    So, I'm going to take the Valium today.

4. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Dr appointment went well. I'm feeling better. She helped me see that it wasn't surprising thAt I crashed with my fears of vertigo episodes while caring for my kids (one has autism and we've had a recent reality check there) with my very supportive hubby out of the country.

Thanks again for the support here.

5. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Thinking of you Anne!

6. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Have faith, your on a good path.

Just Breathe or count to ten.

Keep posting.

7. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Good morning Anne - have a spin free and peaceful day.

8. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Hey, Anne, how's it going?????

9. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Hey Gina and alladin. I'm doing better, a little bit each day. I got out of bed this morning as soon as the anxious thoughts hit. I enjoyed my half caf, LiteBook, and some stuff I'm reading about near death experiences. Had friends over for dinner - got a little queasy and dizzy and ears overstimulated but it's mostly calmed down now. Did some yoga breathing and am ready for sleep. Wishing us all a healthy sleep and happy dreams tonight.

How are you guys? Any anxieties?

10. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

YESSSSSS!!!

I breathe through it
    I try to make things better
    If I can't make them better,
    I try to understand why

And when I can't figure it
    I leave it in Gods hands
    And cope the best I can.

£¥G

11. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Good girl Anne. Baby steps and one moment at a time. Remember holidays tend to add stress to our lives (although usually a good stress) but never the less stress. Hang in there dear girl - you can do this.

12. AnneT

AnneT New Member

BreAthing and crying through it today. PMS, too many solitary chores, and did a bad thing - read some of my teen sons writings which hAve me worried about his mental health and safety, too. Will rest a bit now, talk with hubby later, and wait for the hormones to calm down.

13. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Anne, I've been where you are.

I have 5 kids. Two of them have been troubled since their teens. Drug addiction, too.

My best advice is to work as a team with your husband, he is your partner. Present a unified front, sit and talk together, and find a solution, together.

You might want to check into school resources, or teen support groups, as methods to help him cope with what's going on in his life.

Good luck, I know you can do it!

Have you ever visited the spiritual and religious threads, or the writers den?
    Give them a try, it helped me, and still does!

14. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

Hang in there dear one. It is tough being a parent but you can do it.

15. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

Anne, how are you?

16. hollymm

hollymm Me, 'in' a tree.

Haven't been feeling much of anything lately. Seem to cry about the same time every day but don't know why. I'm confused because I'm taking my meds but they aren't making me feel "normal" right now. Wait it out, I guess...for a while anyway.

17. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

What meds, maybe you need a change.

Can you call the doc who prescribed them, and see what he thinks?

It's a bad time of year to be feeling blue.

I just switched from Valium to Ativan. It made a major difference in how I feel.

I hope you feel better. If you need someone to talk to, send me a pm.

I like your spirit, Holly.

18. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Sorry to hear you're in this pit too holly. Gina thanks for asking. Our son seems to be doing ok. Maybe it's good he can vent on paper. Mornings are still the worst for me. If I had the energy to work, be engaged, full time... But as it is I get alone with my feelings fears and thoughts. My mind goes in circles. Did the wellbutrin cause some vestib probs? When I tried going off I was ill for months. I need the remeron to treat the anxiety, insomnia and low appetite but how much does it add to the fatigue? I just feel so stuck and trapped. I'm doing activities just to pass the time, not really enjoying (sometimes I do), just waiting to bebetter or for this earthly life to be done. I have vestib testing in February which I dread but maybe that will bring some clarity. Sorry to be such a downer. Thanks for listenining.

19. Gina05

Gina05 Guest

When you go for the testing tell your doc what's goin on.

Maybe just a change in some meds may help.

Stay strong, your son needs you.

20. Aladdin-Fae

Aladdin-Fae New Member

hugs dear girl - thinking and praying for you