Adios

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by ToniG, Jul 15, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I don't believe in censorship as strongly as I don't believe in long term uses of narcotics. Adios.

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

What was censored ??? Someone please enlighten me...

3. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

nassman's thread was taken down.

4. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

OK thanks

5. Mnme

Mnme Guest

That's a real shame Oceanbreeze as I believe the 'answers' to menieres are closer here than anywhere else.

6. thornapple

thornapple New Member

So many people have left this forum because of threads like that, one more leaving will be as visible as a bucket of water poured into the ocean. Most of them don't say goodbye. Many of them don't even get as far as hello.

7. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

I'm not sure I understand...correct me if I'm wrong but there was no thread about narcotics, was there? There was a lot of discussion about benzodiazepines which are most definitely not narcotics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotics

George

8. paris 48

paris 48 New Member

Benzos are a controlled substance,not a narcotic!!!!!!Boy,this is getting better all the time.One comes on here and is made feel like a drug addict. :eek:

9. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Yes, this is a very true statement... Although possession of benzos without a prescription for them - depending on where you are - may legally be placed in the same category as narcotics, technically speaking, to TRULY be a narcotic, the substance mus be derived from the opium poppy, or synthetic drug designed to mimic the same effect. There are lots of drugs that from a legal prospective, are classified as narcotics, but from a purely technical point of view, are not by a long shot.....

10. I believe marijuana (cannabis, weed, whatever you want to call it) is one of those according-to-the-law-but-in-reality-you-gotta-be-freaking-joking narcotics.

11. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

the spirit of the post was i believe done because the person maybe was having a bad day and wanted "others" to have a not so great day either - it was not removed because of censorship but because several people on this forum need the use of anti-anxiety drug and there is no one who should make them feel guilty about doing so - misery loves company adn i can read that through several people's post if they are having a bad day so should others - it has also been my professional opinion that people who adamantly (sp) oppose use of such medications are either scared that they might become addicted if they tried or saw someone in their life abuse a drug or alcohol
    and i believe that there are different degress of illness here and those that are more severe can find some relief with the medications -

xoxo

12. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

You are correct!
    Technically marijuana is a VERY MILD hallucinogenic, but get caught with it (unless you are in a state that has "medical marijuana" laws and have a doctors note for it) legally it's considered a narcotic.
    And that to me would be funny as h*** if it weren't for the seriousness of the whole matter. Never mind the way it became illegal in the first place! (That is kind of a long story, but to make it short - at about the same time ways to harvest the fibers and oils in it [for rope, paper, fuel, exc.] quickly, chemical companies where also developing ways to synthetically produce a lot of the same things, if not fully chemically, in combination with non-renewable resources, or resources that took a long time to renew. And that made in a threat to the chemical companies, because farmers were able to do all that, actually quicker and cheaper. Well, to put it bluntly - one of the chemical companies had a CEO that knew a pollitition that owed him a favor. At the time, they still needed public votes in order to outlaw anything, but they managed to get support through deceit! Basically the public never knew what plant they were talking about, until it was too late - they just kept referring to it as "Devils' weed".)

13. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Who was the person to upset to the point of leaving the forum?

14. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Good point Aladdin. ;)

Hey, maybe Ray saw it and realized it was just out of control and took it down? Moderaters do do that when things go overboard on forums.

15. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Oceanbreeze is ToniG's new name. She has been around for a long time from what I know. Lisa

16. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

It was just a post that ended up getting a bit out of hand and ended up with some personal attacking and inappropriate language that was very reminiscient of the old discussion den we use to have. That is why I believe it was deleted, not really based on subject matter. These personal attacks really need to stop.

17. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Am I allowed to ask who initiated the ill tempered portion of the post. I am not asking to be nosey but I have a feeling I know who...and would like to verify for future use of this forum.

Thanks

18. Moogs

Moogs New Member

Hi All - sticking in my two cents worth ... lol even tho i have no clue about the thread that was taken down or he said she said.

A lot of tender feelings of people here and it seems to me that is a reasonable reaction to having our worlds turned topsy-turvey. I try to respect that always. At the same time, I also think that even when someone puts up an ill-tempered post that is ALSO a reasonable reaction to our topsy-turvey worlds. I believe that all of us struggle to find a mechanism that helps us cope. If a person's mechanism is a fighting spirit, well, I just try to respect it.

I noticed that "Warrior" was not on any of the list of stages of MM. But, I believe it is a reasonable stage. In fact, I am conciously trying to incorporate a little of it into my day-to-day life.

Bottom line - I think we are rounded enough as a group to help hold up any member no matter what mechanism they are using to get through the day.

OK charge me 4 cents because my I have to add that i am a frim believer in BETTER LIVING THROUGH PHARMACEUTICALS. Legal, illegal whatever .... if it makes sense, if it works, if it does not diminish your life ...then wth. IF you are relying on the FDA to rescue you, you are in very big trouble.

Love you folks a lot. I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you have kept me sane so far.

XX
    OO

19. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Joanne, what a FABULOUS picture of the butterfly!

20. burd

burd New Member

A fighting spirit is good, but offensive, rude, or otherwise repugnant behavior is not beneficial to anyone, even the one spewing forth such negativity. I'm not talking about emotional quick outbursts, but an overall negative, nasty, bullying persona.