A New Way of looking at my BAHA

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Andrea1962, Sep 27, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Eddie: "Well, don't go putting none of that stuff on my sled Clark. You know that metal plate in my head?"
    Clark: "Ah! How could I forget?"
    Eddie: "I had to have it replaced, because everytime Cathrine revved up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about a half-hour or so. So, over at the VA, they had to replace it with a plastic one. It ain't as strong. So, I don't know if I ought to go sailing down no hill with nothing between the ground and my brain but a piece of government plastic."
    Clark: "You really think it matters Eddie?"
    Eddie: "Well, see the plate runs right underneath the part here. See, over here, nothing. But, here if this gets dented, then my hair just ain't going to look right."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2. jagmi

jagmi New Member

Oh Andrea, ;D ;D ;D That movie is a classic. My wife and I have to watch that every Xmas. I was pictureing the whole scene as I read it. then seeing clark go dowm the hill.
    Now watch out for them big hill and Microwaves. Maybe you need to start wearing depends just in case. ;D ;D ;D

3. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

oh geez - i guess your microwave Christmas present will have to be exchanged

4. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

Andrea
    do you think if we went through airport
    security together we would set off the metal detectors? ;D ;D

5. HeadNoise

HeadNoise Invisible Me

No joke Andrea - I have a letter saying DO NOT GO THROUGH SECURITY METAL DETECTORS and to only be wanded from the neck down. Better get the letter. You'll be setting off alarms all over the place! :D :D

6. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

;D ;D ;D What a site! :D :D :D

7. zoey

zoey New Member

I am not the most computer savy person, but I would like to talk to someone about menieres. I think I have been suffering with it for years now. Recent experiences with vertigo and ringing in ears have been incapacitating at times. I wake up in the middle of the night and everything is spinning.I get immediately nauseated and usually vomit, then the spinning continues eyes opened or closed for hours. Can someone help me?

8. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hi Zoey, welcome!
    So many here would love to help, including me.
    Have you seen a doctor? A neuroTologist is an MM expert, and personally who I got the most help from. Many love their ENTs. There is much to read here and much to learn, please share your personal history.
    Lisa
    Hi Andrea and Cowcollector!!!

9. zoey

zoey New Member

Thanks for replying. I am a 39 year old nurse and have been stubborn and tried to treat myself for about 6 years. I did see an ENT and had hearing tests etc. nothing abnormal was found. He gave me maxide, a diuretic, and that seemed to help for about 2 months, then out of nowhere this sunday I awoke at 4am to see everything spinning, nausea sweating. etc. The spinning lasted for a few hours, unsteady gait and nausea all day. i couldnt work which is what is most upsetting in all of this. My patients and coworkers depend on me, and i feel so out of sorts and out of control when this happens. I want to get as much info and help for this because i dont want it to stop me in my tracks as it does when i get these symptoms.

10. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Welcome Zoey,
    You will probably get better responses if you start a new thread.Go back to the first page and you will see near the top, new topic.Click on this,fill it out and introduce yourself to everyone and you will get many more responses.
    It takes a while to figure out how to navigate around here!