Yummy fresh asparagas

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by buschiabo, Jul 17, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

One of my "girls" gave me this recipe. It is easy and asparagas is really good for you. Get the thinnest spears you can find (pencil slim, if possible). Rinse well and blot with a paper towel. Remove tough ends (about 2"). I cut them in half but this isn't necessary.
    Add 2 tsp olive oil to a frying pan that has a tight fitting cover. Stir fry spears for about 5 minutes with a "little" sea salt. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan, romano mix. Remove from heat and cover tightly for about 15 minutes. It steams. Delicious!

2. June-

June- New Member

Yum!

3. Prima Donna

Prima Donna New Member

This does sound delicious. Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. I could eat it morning, noon and night. But I cook in organic coconut oil, which is more stable for cooking purposes and it doesn't change the flavor of the food. I use olive oil for dishes where I don't have to heat it too much, or I use it as a base for salad dressing.

In place of Sea Salt, I use Herbamare which is a blend of sea salt and 14 different organic seasonings. I use this to season meat and vegetable dishes. I wonder if it would change the taste favorably or not. I'll have to try this recipe both ways and see which one tastes better.

Thanks for the recipe.

4. buschiabo

buschiabo New Member

Let me know how the spice change works out. I sometimes use a reduced fat and salt "butter". It's good too.