your thoughts

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by deadeye, Apr 10, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. deadeye

deadeye New Member

hey guys. just wanted your opinion on something. why is it when i'm going good i can eat and drink anything but when i'm on the edge a single cup of coffee can send me off. so frustrating. had a cup yesterday morning and by 5 i was so dizzy; it just got worse and worse. thanks and God bless deadeye

2. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

The nature of the beast

3. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Overload, maybe?

One trigger, o.k........two triggers, still o.k............but that third trigger, WHAMMO!

For example, I can have a salty meal without problems. But then perhaps it's a really windy day, and I'm feeling like I'm having an allergic reaction to something. Now add in a sleepless night, and BOOM - now I have a dizzy day.

Or maybe all those days of eating and drinking anything just led up to a really sensitive day for you....

Or, perhaps, there's no correlation at all......often this stuff just comes and goes when we least expect it!

4. sjwo1

sjwo1 Hiking Utah

Well said. It just seems to work that way. When I am in a "episodic phase" (as I call it) I lock up the beer and coffee. After the season (2-3 months) of weekly attacks and things calm down I unlock the cabinet and enjoy. Right now I am enjoying a 60 day major spell free timeframe. Right now I attribute it to my trail of betahisitine and taking a steroid blast (autoimmune suspect with positive blood test and being bilateral) when a cluster starts. I will keep up that therapy along with the usual stuff everyone does until my trial fails. (attacks start again) But you are right. For me an afternoon large Starbucks is the ultimate test of how I am really doing....so even when I am off the wagon I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning and dont temp fate. (Peets Coffee is my favorite....awesome) Sid

5. LisaB

LisaB New Member

For me it was the same (pre-laby). I could eat anything for months, then I couldn't, and especially coffee would make me sick. One day as I drank a cup my ear plugged on my first sip. So I gave it up. I am able to tolerate diet coke instead without a problem. Lisa

6. June

June New Member

I assume - but don't know - that when MM/fluid is more active then the inner ear is plumped up with excess fluid. At that stage it only takes a little more to make the critical difference. When - for whatever reason - the inner ear is not so distended with fluid already, then doing something that increases it a tiny bit is not noticed. However ... unless we are in a state of remission where the disease is dormant, all the little things that add fluid increase the fluid level in the inner ear even though they do not produce an immediate symptom. As that fluid level becomes higher and higher then we start to respond to each thing that causes it to increase a little bit. For that reason, it matters that we watch our diet even though we do not get slammed for it immediately.

That's my understanding. But I am not sure anyone knows really what goes on exactly. Maybe all the fluid accumulates very fast when we are in a bad state.

7. DemonicSymphony

DemonicSymphony New Member

I had to drop caffine due to migraines. I can't drink large amounts at all, but sometimes handle a can of coke ok. Other times it sets me spinning like a top >.<

I think it has a lot to do with stress factors and how 'bad' we've been in the 24 hours or so prior to doing something like that. Even though we've been to sleep and it's a new day... did the bbq pork sandwish we had the night before set us on the edge of falling off?

Am I even making sense? lol