YOUR EYES AND MENIERES

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by luckyswife, Jun 17, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Anyone experience eye discomfort with menieres.I will explain it the best I can.Lately I have had very full feeling in my head that sometimes leads to headaches.It's like I have a far away dizziness in my head that wants to come out but can't,only if I shake my head from side to side to see if I am dizzy.But,my eyes ache a little and they seem funny when I am driving lately.They get so heavy and tired to.I think I have heard that our eyes are affected to with menieres,can any one elaborate on that for me.This past month has been horrible w it,the barometric pressure has really been messing with me.Hope all are dizzy free today............

2. DJdizzy

DJdizzy New Member

have any of your doctors talked to you about MAV - migraine associated vertigo?? alot of your symptoms seem similar to mine, and i have been diagnosed with MAV but not MM.

3. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I have mm in right ear and had VNS surgery 6 years ago.Was symptom free for a while but told nerve endings growing back.Maybe I have MAV on top of it.

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Yes, I have had a lot of problems with my eyes feeling tired. I squint a lot more. In fact, a friend of mine tells me that he can tell when I am feeling dizzy by just looking at my eyes.

I have a gaze instability called oscillopsia that almost affects me on a daily basis. Most of the time it is quite manageable. However, some days I need to take some time out to let my eyes quiet down. Oscillopsia can be caused by faulty vestibular signals that disrupt the brain’s ability to stabilize the eyes.

You should mention your eye problems to your doctor to see if it is related to your MM. A fair number of us have similar problems.

Joe

5. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Yes, I have eye problems also. When I get tired, I have to squint a lot, my vision is blurred, and I just don't see well. It's awful! Even looking at the T.V. is difficult! Also, even on good days, I still have some eye problems. The wonderful life of MM.............

6. dizzykat

dizzykat New Member

My husband says he can always tell when I am feeling dizzy because my eyes bounce around.
    I notice that I have more trouble with my eyes on bad dizzy days.

7. goldie

goldie me and joshua

WHEN I HAVE A BAD ATTACK I FEEL LIKE MY EYES ARE FLOATING IN MY HEAD.SOMETIMES I WILL GET A HEADACHE WITH IT. OR THIS AWFUL PAIN IN MY EAR. THANK GOD THOSE TWO DON'T SHOW UP OFTEN.
    TAKE CARE

PAULA

8. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

I know you can tell if someone else is having an attack by looking at there eyes, but it dose not work if you try to see it yourself in a mirror. The reason is because looking in a mirror, your eyes are fixed in a specific spot - the eyes need to be free to move however for you to actually see it.
    But I have never actually felt anything in my eyes during, immediately before, and immediately after an attack. Sometimes I do end up with blurry vision after an attack stops - but I KNOW that is not the MM itself causing that! Blurry vision is listed as a side-effect of the drug I have to stop the dizziness and nausea, and if I do not use it, I don't get the blurry vision - but the attack lasts A LOT longer....(I can't really win with that - idealistically what I really want, most likely dose not exist, or I'm sure a lot of people with MM would be using it. That is something that would stop an attack quickly, AND put you right back to the state you were in before the attack, so you can just resume whatever it was you were doing before - without any blurry vision, drowsiness [unless you were tired to start with], no effect on reflex speed, exc. [Basically on top of stopping an attack, be able to drive, use machinery, exc. without any more caution than if you did not use it] - BUT that is most like something that will not be seen in my life time.)
    But that's all I have ever noticed having to do with my eyes....

9. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Well...to add a bit to what has been said, my eyes "jerk" and I have the sensation of losing "focus" and whammmm....spinning occurs! Yes, I have MAV and MM! twinkle

10. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

I have that too, it is part of my MAV symptoms.

11. rwpit

rwpit New Member

I can relate to this discussion. My eyes feel very tired and sometimes fuzzy when I am experiencing a stretch of dizzies. I take my glasses on and off trying to see if it's mr prescription that needs to be updated, but that's not the problem. I find that a day staring at a computer screen, when I'm not feeling well, is a great strtain.

12. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Although I feel bad for everyone with the eye problems it is good to know that I am not the only one.I am hearing alot about this MAV can anyone explain it to me a little better.Is MAV like menieres,does it cause the bad dizziness like menieres and is it treatabe?

13. DJdizzy

DJdizzy New Member

http://www.mvertigo.org

You can find a ton of valuable information about Migraine Associated Vertigo at the above link.

14. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Here is another site too. This one deals with all kinds of vestibular disorders.

http://thedizzylounge.com/thedizzy_forum/index.php

We also have a thread in our database that has some information and links about MAV.

http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php?topic=448.0

These should get you started!