You All Have Helped Me So Much .. Thank You!!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by CdnTBear, Dec 3, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

I can't tell you how grateful and thankful I am that I found this site, and that there are people like YOU out there generously sharing your intimate details inside the MM torture chamber ;)

I've gone back a few pages and read many different posts and so many times I sat here and thought, "wow, that sounds like me!" I'm sorry for what everyone is going through, but it feels good to hear someone else say, "yep, I know exactly how rotten you feel". My husband is my rock, and my almost 8-year old son is remarkable, but I know this has been more frustrating than they let on.

I'm learning so much. I'm learning to adapt - not force. My impatient nature has shown me exactly what I can do with being too impatient. You cannot force it, or you fall into the wall ;D

I love the pitying looks and stares I get in a store .. you know, when you lose your balance when you are just standing still, or start stumbling like a drunk and it's 9:00 a.m. That's when I want to say, "hey don't worry about me lady, you'd better start worrying about the big purple dots all over your face." That will give her something to talk about at her bridge game. Hey, If I'm gonna feel bad, might as well get a laugh out of it, right?

Hmmm ... maybe being locked up in a padded room wouldn't be so bad. It would feel better when I tipped over. ;D I'll tell hubby we need to make a trip to Lowe's for extra insulation .....

I'm having a good day today .. and had a good one yesterday (except for shopping in Walmart - too bright, too much activity).

{{{{{ Wishing everyone a good health day }}}}}}

2. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Glad we could help. Yes we sure do know how frustrating this disease can be. Great to hear you have such a supportive family :)

3. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Welcome, and I am glad you are having a couple of good days. We appreciate that normalcy when we get it - so much more than those annoying healthy people do! I hope your good days continue!

Carol

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Have a good day too! This is a very supportive site and I am also grateful for it. Lisa

5. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl New Member

Glad you're having a good few days...hopefully it will be the start of many more!

And yes, developing a sense of humor with this stuff helps. I used to be SO sensitive about my hearing loss on one side. Now, when my Mom starts lecturing me about something, I'll move her to my bad side and say, "You need to stand on this side of me..." It takes her a minute to realize that I'm putting her on the side I can't hear from, and then she usually laughs (and as an added bonus, usually stops lecturing me!).

I used to be so self conscious at work about having trouble figuring out where sound comes from (I have unilateral hearing loss, so if I'm in the hallway and I hear a phone ring, I have no idea if it's coming from my office or the total opposite direction), and I've just learned that it's easier for me (and makes my coworkers more comfortable) when I accept it and joke around about it. "Oh, that's my boss, too bad I'm deaf and can't hear the phone," is always good for a laugh.

We all joke that I'm even dizzier than I used to be, thanks to my MM. One of my galpals even gave me a "T" from her child's letter toys, saying I used to be ditzy, but sadly, I lost my "t."

Yes, it's always better to have fun with it. After all, you can't change it, so why let it ruin a perfectly good life, right?

6. CdnTBear

CdnTBear Every minute spent in anger is a minute wasted

Exactly the right stuff, DreamChaser!

I told hubby last week that I was my own roller coaster ride. Didn't have to pay and I get to ride all day!!! I had enough of my own "pity me" parties. When you clue in to the fact that this is not like other ailments where you take antibiotics and it goes away, then it does it hard at times.

But I've found that I can manage and cope much better when I just roll with it and laugh at it.

I love all the peeps here .. what a wonderful place to find support!

7. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

Yes, my husband said he's going to make me a padded room, but I told him I want a bubble like the Bubble Boy instead! ;D

On a serious note, I get where you're coming from, as do most of us here. I can no longer even go into a department store w/out becoming completely disoriented. I have to hold onto my husband's arm so I don't fall right into the shelves! I don't even run errands by myself anymore b/c of this.

Honestly, if it weren't for this site, I'd probably think I had a brain tumor or something. Just knowing there are others like me has helped SO, SO MUCH!!

Brooke

8. Daize

Daize New Member

Hi and welcome! So glad you are here and you also have supportive family. This forum is wonderful, caring, supportive. Ask away any quesitons and there will always be people here who can help, direct you to the date base section and be there.

Have a good day:)