Yikes!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bayhi, Dec 14, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Bayhi

Bayhi New Member

My 15 year old son plays guitar in 2 bands, a teenage band and an adult band where he is the only kid. He also gives lessons. HARD ROCK, really really crunchy, hard rock....
    I am thankful that I NEVER have to give him spending money, and he already has a brand new, paid off GMC Jimmy that he can't even drive, thanks to his talent.
    He usually practices at other places, but tonight he has a bass player over (thank GOD no drummer) He just showed up.
    EEWWW tomorrow is going to suck for my ear. That's ok though. I can suffer, I guess.

I have some bids out for the construction of a "garage" for him, BUT IT ISN'T BUILT YET! I hope to begin immediately after Christmas.

OHHHHH MY, where are my ear plugs.......
    I try really hard not to let the kids know what I am suffering through. I want to encourage them in every choice they make, but sometimes I wish he was in to golf.... ;D.

2. Ceeka

Ceeka New Member

Speaking as a mom, this is one time you need to pop in the ear plugs, put on on ear muffs, and thank your lucky stars for a great kid! Still, I understand about the yearning for golf: ;)

3. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

4. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

rock on with earplugs :)

5. mcfarkus3

mcfarkus3 New Member

I second the earplugs, and maybe some Valium... Sounds like a great kid!

6. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Bayhi,

We should get our guitar playing teenagers together. Good for you for letting your son follow his dreams.

7. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Sounds like a very talented kid, who has a wonderful supportive Mom.

Tracy

8. GinaMc

GinaMc Me and my friend Sally :)

put the ear plugs in!!

9. caron1477

caron1477 New Member

What a wonderful mother you are! If only there were more like you . . . . :)

10. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

Made my ears hurt just reading about it!!!!!

11. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

;D I agree about the great kid and mom thing but most of all about the rocking on with the ear plugs!!! ;D :D Hope you get the garage built soon. :)

Maggie

12. survivedit

survivedit New Member

I'm in the same situation, except my son isn't making any $ at it. He plays bass and drums and his band practices at our house. Very loud, but if it gets to be too much - I leave or find something to do outside. Don't want to discourage where his energy is taking him! My hearing aids help, but it's still very loud sometimes. I also encourage him and his bandmates to wear ear plugs. I'm a good example of why messed up hearing is no fun.

Good luck and way to go!

Bob W

We just bought him a new bass amp for Christmas - I think things are going to get louder.

13. Bayhi

Bayhi New Member

Thanks for all of the nice comments.
    I feel very fortunate to have the beautiful children that I have.
    I was not such a great kid.
    It took THEM to make me a better person.

And Bob, I hope the amp it isn't like the one Logan has that is almost as tall as the ceiling!!!

When I lose all of my hearing, I bet I will still be able to hear him "rock."

14. survivedit

survivedit New Member

No, we don't have the giant 'stacks' yet and yes, I'm thankful for my children, too.

I'd much rather them over here rocking out than out doing God knows what with nothing going on in their lives.

I'm sure that long after we can't hear the music anymore, we'll still be able to feel that bass line punching through.

Bob W