Yet another attack (am i just the same as everyone else)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Audrey, Sep 13, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Audrey

Audrey New Member

hi fowks, yet another full blown attack yesterday, vomitting everywhere and felt awful, today well lets just say its taking all my energy to type this really need to lie down again, my consultant asked that i keep a diary of my attacks, I have had 4 full blown attacks this past month never mind living with the vertigo etc 24/7. Does everyone else have attacks as much, it really wears me down i honestly feel like death warmed up just now, no energy to do anything and this lasts for days after an attack, be interested to hear how other people get along with this and the length of times in between attacks, thanks for reading this, Audrey -x-

2. Dizzy Little Piggy

Dizzy Little Piggy OINK OINK

Audry,

I get attacks anywhere from 5 to 40 times a month but I don't have dizziness 24/7. I take valium at the first sign of an attack and it usually does the trick. Only about once every year or 2 do I end up throwing up. On the days where I get dizzy more than once or if I end up taking 2-3 pills to get rid of it I am very tired the next day. Seems like the more severe the dizziness the worst the after effect is. Hang in there.

Piggy

3. carolanne

carolanne Lily

Sorry to hear you are having such a hard time, Audrey!

Do you take anything for the vertigo?

Feel better soon!

4. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Bless your heart! I know what you must be going through! I had those kinds of attacks for the first 2 years, because no one could figure out why. Once I got to the right doctor and he gave me valium and phenergan, I can stop the attacks from being so bad! Hope you find your answers...blessings, twinkle

5. larry p

larry p New Member

Audry:

What I don't know is if you do not get dizzy during an attact, what do you get?

Larry p

6. burd

burd New Member

I was really sick until I figured out what was triggering my symptoms and made some big changes. A dramatic improvement. After that, I've had close calls when exposed to an offender that wasn't in my control, and my promethazine stopped the atack in it's tracks.

7. TJ

TJ New Member

Audry,
    sorry the beast is hitting you so hard.

At first I had an attack every week.

The more triggers I could eliminate the better I have gotten.

I am now LOW sodium under 1500mg a day, john of ohio regimen except the ginko that made me feel off balance, weekly chiropracic adjustments, no caffine, lots of water, cardio work out 3 times a week, I take allegra-d and A water pill that has goten me down to 1 attack every one to three months and luckily I feel 100% in between attacks. I just got a prescription for 2mg Valium to use at the first sign of an attack I have used it twice and It ended the attack within 20 to 30 minutes.

Of course we are all triggerd by diffrent things the best medicine seems to be to attack this thing from all sides try many diffrent treatmens and record the results. For me each thing I mentioned here has made me feel a little better all combined has made me feel much better.

I think next I may try adding A massage every two weeks or so (seems like a good excuse to get a massage)

just dont give up the more you know about you and your condition the better you will be able to controll it. ;)

8. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

I had the frequent disabling attacks for about 6 1/2 years and finally found that Vertigoheel was what really helped stop the attacks for me. I had been on the Vertigoheel for years only using as prescribed and the Valium was getting tossed up. I tried it instead of the Valium and found it effective.

Some of my triggers were airborne allergens of unknown specifications (tested and ruled out a lot of things) smoke a definite problem for me.
    Stress was another trigger, sodium another,
    caffeine (yep even a piece of chocolate or Pepsi) I never drink coffee but the caffeine from other sources triggered one almost immediately.

Problem is we all respond differently to different treatments, have different triggers, etc.

It is a good idea to note time and duration as well as date of attack and keep a log of what you eat, what you do and what is bugging you. Somewhere there is a clue - maybe - definite maybe.

Many of us have been there and done that and don't want to do it again, so totally understand. That does not mean we don't care - it just means there still is hope for yourself. Hang in there sometimes life is a merry-go-round and not the fun we had hoped. :eek: ??? ::)

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

With diet and lifestyle changes, I managed to reduce my attacks from daily to twice a year. It requires discipline, patience, and consistency.

I hope you find something that helps you reduce yours.

10. tm53

tm53 New Member

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly.

As an encouragement, with diet and diuretic I've had one very brief Vertigo attack in over a year (thank you God). Sure, I'm not exacly sure footed all the time and you won't find me doing any tight rope walking but I am truely blessed in this regard.