yesterday was pretty horrible and today isn't starting off good either

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dizzy in albuquerque, Oct 11, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. i had one good day over the long weekend - last Friday - about the first good day in 5 weeks. Now i feel horrible again. I don't get it. I am anxious to talk to the dr next Tuesday. in the meantime i'm just sick of living like this. Last night I cried after watching a movie. Just anyone doing anything normal even traveling i start feeling sorry for myself i can't do much of anything right now and am really down.

I feel shaky exhausted - don't sleep much so that doesn't help - dizzy and anxious. pressure in my head too. it just doesn't want to let up.

I'm gonna have to go in to the dr and tel him please do something - i can't live like this!!

i know it's not as bad as a lot of you get but it's stilll debilitating. i feel sorry for all of you that get it worse than me. Im struggling because it's been bad almost all year this year. Last 5 weeks the worse.

thanks for listening and sorry for venting.

chris

2. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Sorry you are still feeling this way Chris. I don't know what else to add on top of all the other advice you have already received.

Did you ever try those antidepressants that the doctor gave you? I think it would not hurt to give them an honest try. I think you have to give it a few weeks to see if it is going to work but if you post which one you are going to take others can give you better advice.

This med is routinely prescribed to help with MAV so don't let the stigma of it being an antidepressant stop you from trying it.

Hope your day gets better.

3. i never got a prescription i haven't gone to dr yet - on the 19th :)

4. bertito

bertito The greatest composer who ever lived.

Praying for you Chris,

I hope you feel better soon.. Next time you have a good day, have your BF drive to one of the 8 Indian Pueblos in New Mexico to witness the beautiful traditions of our native americans of the southwest. I love Tesuque, Santa Clara, Pajoaque, Nambi, San Ildefonso, San Juan, Picuris and Taos.. You WILL love the trip!!

Bert.

5. Thanks Bert good idea i hope to have good days when the weather gets cold.

6. i just don't see why i feel so horrible most of theh time. Maybe something else going on besides menieres. All i know is i am so sick of it. I just want to go to bed and never get up again right now.

7. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

Awhh Chris,so sorry to hear you are still suffering.I pray for good days ahead for you.Something will turn around for you...

8. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hi Chris, I was speaking of the prior prescription you received from your doctor that you mentioned and then there was discussion with you about it and there were other MAVer's that said it was quite normal to be treated with anti-pressants. I thought you were going to try them.

Below is one of the quotes about anti-depressants.

I guess this is why the confusion comes in. Not sure what you have tried and not tried.

As I have told you before I have felt the way you do for pretty much 20 months now since this all began. When I see the Neurotologist in November I am going to try whatever he suggests ( even medications ) because I am tired of this crap every day.

Hope we both feel better soon.

9. oh that was three years ago so prescription isn't any good i'm about ready to try anything to - i go next tuesday - i'm so shaky and weak and sick today its awful. Sorry you have been sick for so long alsol so you know you have MaV? I don't know if i do or not. have you taken other stuff for it that hasnt worked then, caroline. I'm ready to try anything too i'm so sick of not having a life i'm so depressed. Back 30 years ago when this started it wasn't this bad it was just spring and fall and that was it but it's more often now and worse and menopause doesn't help im sure. thyroid was okay last time i tested it but may need to check that again this month when i go for bloodwork but i guess menieres and MaV can make you feel just horrible and exhausted too.

10. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Hi again Chris, I have a diagnosis by the ENT of Vestibular Migraine (MAV) but the Neurologist says not Vestibular Migraine and my company doctor thinks it may be Meniere's.

I believe that there is a good likelihood that it is MAV but I am still open to other suggestions. I also believe, because I am in my mid 40's, that hormones may have triggered the MAV because I have never had migraine issues in the past. This is just my guess.

Apart from SERC for the vertigo I have had no treatment thus far. That is why I really have my hopes pinned on this Neurotologist next month to either confirm my diagnosis or rediagnose me and start treatment.

One of the best ways to determine if it is MAV is to treat the migraine disease and if you get better it most likely was MAV.

MAV for the most part should be manageable so I look forward to having the opportunity to manage it and get back most of my life.

If migraine treatment doesn't work then it will be back to the drawing board to try something else. We haven't even started to check out the auto-immune area.

11. did serc help you?

12. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

I believe that the SERC along with migraine supplements are helping to keep the big vertigo attacks away and it also helps me with sinus congestion but it doesn't help with the rest of my daily symptoms.

My GP prescribes it but my ENT says it is useless, so again it is hard to get 2 doctors to agree.

13. thanks Caroline. what do you take for migraine?

14. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Chris I am so sorry you are having such a rough time of it. I pray you start to feel better soon and your doctor's can come up with something to help you sweetie.

15. thanks!!! Appreciate it. I'm hoping and praying something changes soon!!

chris