yesterday was a good day but today .....

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dizzy in albuquerque, Oct 28, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. i drove to work two times this week felt great but now today i got up and turned on furnace for the first time in the house and i think there must be a lot of dust because i'm all dizzy and headachy.

I'm working at home today - wouldn'[t dare drive right now. hoping it'll clear out soon tomorrow i have to drive to a dr. appt in the morning - wish me luck.

this illness (MaV) or whatever i have and menieres that you all have is sure frustrating and tiring. the unpredictability is the worst huh?

chris

2. Perses

Perses Guest

Chris...are you a male or female?

3. Hollykins2

Hollykins2 I have nothing cute or entertaining to put here...

Hang in there Chris! (and to above poster - Chris is a she)

I hope you find out something soon!

4. thanks both - yeah funny Chris is a guys name too - my real name is Christine but have always liked Chris - my parents wanted a boy so i was going to be named Christian but would still have been Chris :)

menopause is making things worse right now i think - speaking of being female. i wish i was a male about now!!!!

lol

CHRIS

5. Perses

Perses Guest

The reason I asked is because I found that aggressive exercise/sports really helped me when I went through long periods of chronic dizziness and headaches. I asked if you were male or female because the sports I played to help me tend to be sports mostly played by males, i.e. ice hockey and indoor soccer. You need to find something that really gets your heart rate pumping and sticking to it no matter how dizzy you feel at first. I promise you, the rewards are immense! It also helps clear away any depression or anxiety you may have since sports and exercise help the brain release endorphins which makes one feel very good....

Good luck Chris!

6. June-

June- New Member

I agree with this. I am an older woman so the sports I recommend are long vigorous (for your fitness level) walks outdoors, riding a bike if you have a safe place (no car traffic) and can do this, and in inclement weather indoor things either at a gym or with dvd's. Daily exercise makes a world of difference and things that safely challenge the balance system are the best vestibular rehab.

If you have strong hints that you have allergy issues, have you seen an allergist about testing and shots. I apologize if I have brought this up before, I lose track sometimes. It helped me a lot.

7. did the allergy shot thing off and on since i was 5 - they took me off a year or so ago may have to start again although didn't see a whole lot of difference.

yeah i do try to exercise a lot maybe not every day but 4 times a week but lately haven't been able to go to gym cuz i get so dizzy when i leave i can't drive.

I have an elliptial machine at home that i do that gets me tired and sweaty and it makes me a bit dizzy afterwards but it goes away i need to do it today. i am anxious to get to gym to do the leg machines and get my muscles back though. you are right exercise is great have always done something. just not every day. can't do outside stuff unless it's winter time cuz of allergie - i miss the outside but i can walk at the gym or do other stuff like elliptical stair stepper stuff.

8. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Put a new anti-allergen filter in your furnace. Have the ducts cleaned. And get some of those portable HEPA filter air cleaners. It's a huge help at our house. I also bought a rainbow vacuum...very pricy, but it's the ONLY vacuum I have ever used that I don't get asthma while using. It sucks all the dust into a tank of water. You can also use it as an air cleaner---it sucks odors and dust and allergens into the water, too...which you then dump out the back door. Goodbye, allergy crap!

9. June-

June- New Member

Since you have this history ... with the allergies, do you think it would be worth while to be retested, perhaps by another allergist and work with that again? Maybe you need to have a new look at where you are now in terms of the immunities? Perhaps it has changed or new tests would reveal something new they need to put in your shot.

I hate to put it in negative terms but even if shots didn't cure it, do you think you may get worse without them?

10. June-

June- New Member

WHat thornapple said and also maybe some of the antidustmite covers for pillow case and mattress.

11. thanks all great ideas and after i go to neuro and see if he says anyting about MaV i may have to go back and get tested again and get back on shots. i do have stuff on my bed - yes - it is time to get the vents cleaned out - thanks for the reminder. I'd likie to get a whole house puriifer put on sometime. I do have one in my bedroom i use all th time and close door at nightl.

i've lived here 7 years so it is time to get the ducts cleaned need to make appt - thanks for reminder!!!!

CHRIS

i'm just real curious what neuro will do!!! our insurance is changing next year so it'll cost a fortune to get back on shots now.

12. June-

June- New Member

Would it make sense to get the allergy retesting done NOW before the insurance changes? That was the biggest part of the expense for me although having the stuff made up is pricey too.

13. yes that would be good i probably should do that i have so many things coming up but yes good idea.

14. CarolineJ.

CarolineJ. New Member

Chris. just wanted to let you know that season 4 of The Tudors is great. I am engrossed every week in it. It is as well done as the prior 3 seasons. Can't wait until you get to see it.

15. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I would love to do all these things...if I could afford it.:(