Yellow Wiggle Wobbles and Resigns..........

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by saltlesstears, Dec 2, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

I heard on the Evening News that the Yellow Wiggle from the popular Austrian kids TV show had to leave the show due to an inner ear problem that was causing him dizziness and nausea. They said it was Ototoxity (sp?) Any Aussies out there hear this?

2. ToniG

ToniG Guest

I'm not Aussie, but I read this the other day. I feel bad the disease is taking him away from something he started from day 1, he's been with the Wiggle half his life. My kids use to watch them when they were young. Great show!

3. nave alta

nave alta Guest

OK, clue us yankees in on who or what Yellow Wiggles is!! ??? ??? ??? :D :D

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

It's an Aussie kid's show that has won the hearts of American kids.

http://www.thewiggles.com.au/au/home/

5. Brian B

Brian B New Member

I live in the US, and my kids will be so disappointed to here that. BTW, Greg is the name of the yellow wiggle.

6. cheese

cheese New Member

Greg the wiggle suffers from dizziness and nausea, but his problem isn't ear related, it's heart related.

He's resigning because of orthostatic intolerance, which is when you're pulse goes into irregular rhythms upon standing and other postural changes. It effects blood pressure, and other other related responses.

When I 1st heard about it though, I immediately thought meniere's. But yeah, it's a heart problem.

7. Anubis

Anubis Take a walk on the Wild Side

Yep - Cheese is right - its heart related. Mind you - I thought MM as soon as the first report went out.

8. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

Thanks all of you. I thought it was ear related. Poor guy, we all can really empathize with him, can't we?

9. Leon

Leon New Member

When I first heard the news, I thought it might be Meniere's until Greg described his symptoms. My grand children just love the Wiggles. It is wholesome entertainment for the kids (and the kids at heart like me). I've watched their videos and listened to the CD's, I hum the tunes at work. I wish Greg all the best and may the doctors find a speedy resolution to his problem.
    Leon

10. weebeefine

weebeefine New Member

i thought MM too...I wish
    gregg all the best of luck!

11. Goomeri Spinner

Goomeri Spinner New Member

Isn't it funny how many of us thought MM...I did too...until I heard it was orthostatic intolerance..hope he does OK, as it is probably as disabling as the beast MM

Did ya all know that before they became the Wiggles, the members were in a rock band called "The Cochroaches" in Sydney???????

12. saltlesstears

saltlesstears New Member

No, Maggie I did not! Did you ever hear them?

13. Tai chi

Tai chi New Member

My 2 1/2 year old greatgrandson loves the Wiggles and we have so many of their DVD's. That's how he leared his colors, it wasn't yellow it was Greg, Red, Murray, Purple, Jeff and blue was Anthony. These were the only colors he used for awhile when was painting and coloring. I just know ya'll wanted to know this. and I am sorry about Greg, they have brought so much joy to all.