Yellow Color

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by abc0401, Feb 11, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. abc0401

abc0401 New Member

This is a slightly indelicate question...

I started taking a B-complex supplement (with niacin, B-6, B-12 and other vitamins) about two weeks ago. About a week ago I started taking l-lysine and lemon bioflavonoids, inspired by the John of Ohio regimen.

I've noticed for most of this week that my urine has been distinctly yellow in color. It's not that I'm dehydrated (I don't think), I've been consistently drinking fluids, typically at least 64 ounces of water a day. Has anyone on this forum taking any of these supplements noticed something similar?

Thanks.

2. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

Vitamin C does it to me.

I honestly don't think it is a problem- if you are unsure stop the supplement - you should see a difference within 24 hours.

3. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Vitiman B will make your urine yellow and beets make it orange red, and if it is in your genes, if you eat aspragrass, and you smell it while going, you have the gotten those genes from your parents!

4. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

Yep this is normal, anytime you take vitamins this will happen ;)

5. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Vitamin B
    Will color your P.

;D

6. BarbaraA

BarbaraA New Member

Its just your body getting rid of the vitamins that it does not need. (this is a good thing) too much is no good either

7. SpinininOhio

SpinininOhio New Member

thornapple

I am in awe of your poetic genius. Bravo. Bravissimo.

SpinininOhio

8. abc0401

abc0401 New Member

I agree - bravo on the poetics!

Thanks for your responses. I did a little research after Vitamin B was mentioned and it sounds that riboflavin is the likely culprit. If it is taken in excess of the body's requirements, it is excreted, simple as that.

9. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Glad you found out.......Vitamin B did that for me too- and helped my tinnitus! Good luck with yours. Lisa :)

10. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I actually brought this up with my dr one time... she said my multi vitamin is doing that and actually it is a "good" thing to have yellow pee. But of course she also added...any blood and get right in to see her. :eek:

11. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

:D :D :D so true - it will often smell just like the tablet you took too - so don't be shocked - it is definately the Vitamin B. :D ;D ;D

There is nothing that should be embarrassing about the human body and how it functions and how it related to foods and stuff put into it. ;D :D ;)

12. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

yep, parts - we all have them and they all "function" the same ;)

13. DougHa

DougHa It is in God's hands

Folks,
    This is an interesting topic. I take a multi- vitamin each day and drink about 100+ oz. of water. Sometime I have yellow in my urine and other time it is clear. Go figure. I guess I must take in more vitamin B some days. Be blessed.
    Doug