Yearly bloodwork

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by debin, Jan 28, 2010.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. debin

debin New Member

I wanted to let everyone know it is important to get yearly bloodwork done. One of my friends was having major dizzyness/vertigo problems and it was his thyroid. He now takes daily medicine for his thyroid.
    I just had my yearly bloodwork done and my Vitamin D level was very low. I was 29 and it is supposed to be between 20 and 100 and now I am on Vitamin D making up for the loss. Just thought I would pass this along! :eek:

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio New Member

Debin,

No, your vitamin D level should NOT be as low as 20 ng/ml. That's an old, now very inadequate number. You want to be in the 50 to 100 ng/ml range. At 29, you still have a very high chance of getting cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and most of the other modern diseases of civilization.

Think not? Read all the pages of the Vitamoin D Council, www.vitamindcouncil.org. Aim for 50 to 70 ng/ml.

Glad you had your vitamin D checked. You now have the possiblitity of preventing great suffering and expense.

My best.

--John of Ohio

3. debin

debin New Member

Thanks John! I will get my Vit D level re-checked in 4 months. She put me on 1,200 mg with Calcium and added another 1000 of just Vit D to the daily. I also take a multivitamin. Will see what happens! Also my NUCCA put me on B Complex 2 tablets daily.

4. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

That's great Debin.How is the NUCCA working for you?

5. debin

debin New Member

James, I had some ups and downs in Dec but not sure if it was stress related around Christmas. So far the month of January is great. I swear my problems are neck related. Time will tell! If I feel off I just make an appt and get back in there for neck adjustments. I am just trying this and see what happens. I don't want to jump into any major surgeries. That scares me! One step at a time!