Yay! I'm back!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by merymete, Jul 22, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. merymete

merymete New Member

Hi everyone.

I dropped off the board for a few years. I'd had an endolymphatic shunt, and it has been working beautifully for me, until this week. I'm not sure what happened, but it hit me like a ton of bricks, like in the "bad old days". It hit Wednesday morning, and I'm still in fairly rough shape. I'm lucky that I have klonipin on hand, it is helping some.

I'll just hang out here with y'all for a while, if you don't mind.

Laura

2. gert157

gert157 New Member

Is it possible your shunt has become clogged??? I ask because all 3 of mine did in a pretty short amount of time..... The body attacks the shunt and covers encases it with "matter" that will not allow the shunt to work properly... Maybe your docs can check that out and see if the shunt is indeed still functioning as it should be... Just a thought..........Wishing you better days, glad you got some relief for awhile anyway, sorry it came back to "visit" you.... I have never taken Klonopin but I have heard it really does help............

3. merymete

merymete New Member

Thank you, gert. I was supposed to have an appointment with him next week, but the office called last week & I was too zonked to reschedule.

I should change that. He did the surgery, but did not actually put a shunt in. He cleaned out a lot of tissue to make room for the expanding inner ear part.

I had no idea until I saw the surgery notes last year (needed for a different surgery, to verify no metal in my head).

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Hope it's just a blip Laura and that you feel better soon..............

5. merymete

merymete New Member

Thanks, Lisa!