Yankee Candles

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by gilbyandnanc, Sep 13, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

  1. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    How many of you love to buy Yankee Candles..........I love Candles
  2. gardenfish

    gardenfish New Member

    Scented candles kill me. I get dizzy really fast.

    Beeswax candles are good. DItto what Intrepid said about pollutants. That said, candles are wonderful, lovely, delightful.

    Sara, don't get bummed. ;)
  3. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    Wow Thanks Guys..........................Always looking to make someone feel good thanks
  4. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    actualy I always lite them before my husband and I go to bed that means its going to be a fun night if u no what I mean....candles in our house is a must so maybe I dont have meniers lol
  5. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    ps and maybe while I am making love to my husband I will die due to all the toxin....I do have a high life insurance policy one never no's
  6. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    dont realy care much .I love the candles and I can enjoy them if some cant that sucks.......we cant love everything
  7. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    sorry I meant we can love everything but some of us can't enjoy everything due to meniers .....But I do love my candles
  8. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    Oh ya t would I possibly gripe when I can sooo enjoy something
  9. Daize

    Daize New Member

    Hey Sara - Yankee Candles are awful for me. They work for you and especially hubby during your romantic times ;) how sensual.

    Some people can take them others can't.


  10. gilbyandnanc

    gilbyandnanc New Member

    Thats to bad I do love them but I cant take the scent of strong perfumes I go nuts........Guess its the same thing
  11. thornapple

    thornapple New Member

    For me, Yankee Candles mean instant asthma...

    But I still have a tart burner. Heh. I keep it in the kitchen and it scents up the whole house. Those bayberry-pine type ones smell like christmas to me!

    Actually, if you use soy-based candles in your tart burner, then you are probably in good shape! The tart-burner just melts the wax and I think very little is released other than fragrance, and the soy candles don't release toxics.

    Get some soy candles, Sara---those Yankee Candle people have to turn into Greenies and keep you and your honey safe while you....**** (insert word here)
  12. Bergie

    Bergie New Member

    I can't even take walking past the Yankee Candle store in the mall. I'm really surprised that they let them even burn them there! Too strong!

    The other day I had to ask one of my kiddies moms to NOT spray her down everyday with perfume...it was too strong for me (and another teacher said the same thing!).

    Perfumes, aftershaves, candles, cigarette/cigar smoke, air fresheners, fireplaces....all don't like me!! I can't breathe around any of them and they all give me headaches!!

    I wish they didn't bother me...for many reasons!! ;D ;) ;D
  13. SweetTater

    SweetTater New Member

    I love Yankee Candles! Home For The Holidays is my favorite one!
  14. Mystic

    Mystic New Member

    I think this topic is interesting, I have suffered from scent sensitivites for as long as I can remember. I love candles too but I can only handle scents that are fruity. I love candles that smell like apples, pears etc... but I can also tolerate vanilla. Florals always give me a headache. I have to be careful with perfume and always run away from the make-up counters in department stores where there is always someone squirting perfume on unsuspecting passer-bys! I found it interesting that when I went through allergy testing recently that I was not allergic to flowers or ragweed. My ENT said that it was commen for people who have sinus problems to have a sensitivity rather then an allergy to certain smells and it can change with time.

    Ironically incense does not bother me at all, no matter what the scent is. I love walking around in New Age stores and never get a headache.
  15. burd

    burd New Member

    HI Sara, I use to love candles but my body became intolerant of anything scented. Intrepid hit it right where I'm at with them too. Chances are it's not a meniere's thing to be so badly affected by them, more like another vestibular related disorder, that's me anyway. If you don't get sick burning them, by all means enjoy your candles. :) But even if you don't get symptoms, do keep in mind that scented stuff like that is harmful to your health. I have an article I found on fragrances that would scare the hell out of you. But I don't want to rain on your parade either. Just adding my .02. :)
  16. princessmommy

    princessmommy New Member

    I don't like Yankee Candles. Too strong and smelly. I have found one I like though... Salt City Candles. Always make my husband buy them and bring them on the plane when he passes through Salt Lake City Airport. The only one I like is Cinnamon Vanilla. I'm not much of a candle person...more of an OUST person.
  17. Maple Street

    Maple Street New Member

    For the most part candles make me extremely "car sick." I get a definite physical reaction from them. I cannot stand to even think about walking past a Yankee Candle store. When I do have to go by one, I can't inhale until I am way past there. People think I am nuts because of this. If conditions are right (or wrong, should I say) I will feel sick for hours after smelling a candle or other fake scent that doesn't agree with me. Some of them I am okay with, like very light fruit scents as someone else mentioned above, but most I'm not okay with. Pine is the absolute worst. Most perfumes are also very bad news and incense isn't well tolerated by me either. I guess I'm a party pooper!!
    Oh yeah, while I don't like the smell of cigarette smoke, I would probably prefer smelling that as it doesn't make me "car sick."
  18. Maple Street

    Maple Street New Member

    Burd, do you know if that article is anywhere on the internet? I'd love to read it.
  19. pardonme

    pardonme Guest

  20. burd

    burd New Member

    Absolutely. I've had this same conversation with my husband a number of times.

    I got it off the internet and saved the article but didn't save the link. I can send it in a pm or post it here but I don't want to rock anyone's boat either. I just might post it too on it's own thread. What do you think?

Share This Page