Yahoo video has "Relief for Ringing Ears" by abc's diane sawyer

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by LisaB, Apr 7, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. LisaB

LisaB New Member

I just watched a video on yahoo, by abc news diane sawyer, that talks about cutting edge treatment for tinnitus. It is a 5 minute video and talks about how they are thinking tinnitus may originate in the brain, and how 2 new devices are retraining the brain to process these noises. Very worth looking into for those with bad tinnitus. They interview 2 people they really helped and show the devices. Hope this helps someone. Lisa

2. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

Thanks Lisa...

Here is the Video

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4602958

3. June

June New Member

Sounds like a really important option for anyone with debilitating tinnitus.

4. LisaB

LisaB New Member

It said one woman could not leave her home, and after using a device that looked like hearing aids for a few months, now can. It was very hopeful. Lisa

5. princessmommy

princessmommy New Member

Thanks for this! With Meniere's, I think it is something that we all ahve to live with and I know that for me, it is annoying, frustrating, but so is my hearing loss, and most definately is my vertigo. I wonder if any of these treaments would help with those. I have a dr. appointment next week, I am going to mention these devices to him and see what he says.

THanks for the linK!
    Nancy

6. livestrong

livestrong New Member

My audiologist is getting me those like the woman on tv.. but with another control on it for amplification, right now i have the ones behind the ears and they seem to work for the tinnitus and the hearing loss. But the aduiologist really wants me to try the other ones, she thinks they will be better, but the go right in the canal and youi can see them.. I feel like I am test driving cars.

I hate getting up in the morning though cause the noise hits you right in the face even with all the white noise machines on. And I still cant take a nap during the day :(

Alisa

7. lillyrose

lillyrose Life is short live it not diet.

I went and read about ABC's report" Buzz Kill: Scientists Aim To Stop Tinnitus." and ended up going to the American Tinnitus Assocation site and did a survey by a Richard Tyler PH.D. and the University of Iowa...it is to help doctors understand both tinnitus and tinnitus patients...it was kind of long but think it will help them to put everything together and maybe find a cause and cure for this and maybe Meniere's, which is different with in it's self...you can have tinnitus and not have Meniere's.
    I just know the more the exposer to this disease the more people are educated...be it Tinnitus or Meniere's.
    I hate them both and wouldn't wish them on anyone.