xanax

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by patride71, Jun 26, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. patride71

patride71 New Member

anyone take xanax here? i have been taking it for a few days. my symptoms are almost non existent when taking it. i am a bit drowsy, but no other real side effects so far. prior to taking it, i was having a lot of fullness in both ears, loud tinnitus in my left ear and clicking sounds in my right ear. i was having pain in or around my left ear up the side of my head and down into my neck. i was dizzy and my vision was bouncing to the left.

i'm still taking my diuretic as well as low sodium. obviously my state of anxiety was not helping my symptoms based on how things are with the symptoms while on xanax. i am concerned about dependency, although my dosage is low and is to be used as needed right now.

just interested if anyone else on here has had experience with it and how it affected their symptoms etc.

2. missbelle

missbelle New Member

Yep me me me ...i am on it too...i take about 1.5 mg a day..split up through the day...and i am the same way..dizzies go when i am on xanax....i wouldnt worry to much about dependency...i have been taking xanax off and on for over 5 years now for this monster and anxiety and notice i said my dose is low.....you gotta live and if xanax makes your life livable take it!! Best of luck to you!!!

3. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

I take it too! I find that it gives me ENERGY!!! Maybe it makes the dizziness go away and that enables me to do more.

4. patride71

patride71 New Member

verti geaux
    xanax can produce feelings of euphoria too.

5. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

i just started as PNR - very low dose - it does help control some of the vertigo and ears - but as stated it can be addictive so I always keep that in mind - i"m not an addictive person with a personality of addiction but it does run in the family - only take as needed and i feel it will be less familiar with my body and work quicker

6. missbelle

missbelle New Member

i will take euphoria anyday!!!

7. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

All I can say is: I love it! :p

George

8. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

Hey, I'll take the euphoria, if it helps me get through the day and get my chores done! LOL!!!

9. phillyloobird

phillyloobird New Member

I take Xanax, but not for MM. It's part of my bipolar medicine cocktail. I'm only on .5 mg at night, so it's not like I'm going to become addicted or anything, but it does help even out my mood.

10. judithschultheis

judithschultheis Making Baby Dolls is My Hobby

I have been taking Xanax 0.25mg for 20 years. It is a very low dose and I take one in the morning and one at night. If my ear is particularly noisy, I will take one every eight hours. I don't feel that I am addicted to this medication--it just cuts the world of anxiety down so life is better!!!!

11. missbelle

missbelle New Member

anything to cut down any of these damn symptoms i will take..i do love my xanax.....

12. Daize

Daize New Member

Me! Since 1995 for anxiety disorder, I take o.5mg --- 3 times daily and it helps me greatly!!

13. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Valium, Xanax and even Ambien causes euphoria in me as well :D I have to be careful as it can swing me into a hypomanic state. Wish I could tolerate it like everyone else. Glad it is working so well for everyone :D

Sparrow :D

14. 2dogswalking

2dogswalking New Member

Hey Guys!
    I have been using Xanax for 3 or 4 years now. I have a prescription for 3 @ day of .25mg. I take only half of that split up throughout
    the day (1/2 of .25mg morning and night and 1/4 of .25 lunch and supper time) Seems kind of crazy because I only actually take 1 1/2
    of .25 mg per day. On occasion if I am having a problem with dizziness, I will take up to 1/2 of .25mg more then I either miss my next
    dose or go right back to my normal dose. Am I addicted . . . . absolutely, but I also have a life and go about my day. My doctor has tried
    to get me on anti depressants for years, but unless I am suicidal, I refuse to take them. I tried them for a week and it was like an LSD trip for me. Every single person I know that has gone on anti depressants (and it seems like every other person I know is on them) has gained weight and had a nightmare trying to get off of them. With Xanax, I have no side effects except some drowsiness if I increase the dose to much. I find it to be a very gentle medication, and I have a lot of drug reactions, so this works for me. I do believe it can be highly addictive so I am careful to keep my dosage down as low as I can so I am not increasing it but just keeping it at a rate that will even things out with my equilibrium. That's my story
    2 Dogs Walking

15. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Hi 2DogsWalking!

I have to say your post was rather fun! I too tried all the AD's with no success but awful side effects and then they put me on valium for vertigo. To my surprise the vertigo stops the vertigo/spins and my anxiety goes with it with NO side effects. I don't get drowsy and in fact I feel more energetic. I sleep better. I'm at a point where i'm spinning daily, out of work almost 3 months and decided if the drugs work for me, so be it and their addiction. I want my life back, i'm such a gloom bag because of all I lost due to this damn disease. Just the other day I was at beach, and the fricken water made me feel woozy! NOW THAT'S MY FAVORITE PASSTIME, I LIVE FOR SUMMER AND THE BEACH! I've given up ALL my vices....ALL OF THEM....it's robbing me of my life. So, i've decided if a benzo makes me better SO BE ITTTTTTT! ;)

Mya

16. gtrvox

gtrvox our pooch Hugo

I'm on Cipralex and haven't experienced any weight gain, except about 5 pounds which
    I wanted to gain! Not sure about getting off it...but since it works well, I have no plans to quit.

Completely agree with your other point: Xanax is quite gentle and a very good med. Also easy for me to go on and off...no problems

George

17. Caribbean

Caribbean New Member

I have to agree with the majority, I also take (Alprazolam) Zanax 0.5 mg. daily. I find it helps termendously with my "T".
    Am I addicted?... perhaps...but also addicted to life free of this "BEAST".

18. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Welcome back, Larry. No, I've never used xanx for menieres.

19. Mya46

Mya46 Knowledge is POWER!

Good post Larry! 8)