WTF ??? Cfs. Menieres. And now kidneys packing it in.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AnneT, May 12, 2011.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. AnneT

AnneT New Member

:mad:
    my kidney funtion has been declining since Xmas. Frutrated and feel bad for my very supportive hubby. Is he now going to watch me on dialysys?
    Sigh I probably need sleep space and answers.
    Oh and my kid broke his hand in a bike accident today.
    AnneT

2. Daize

Daize New Member

Hi Anne. oh my gosh, that is awful. feel for you. Lots on your plate. All I can say is caring thoughts and take care.

:)

3. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Wow Anne, as Daize said you have a lot on your plate.Hoping for better days for you and your family.

4. June-

June- New Member

I am so sorry to hear this. I don't have anything to offer except to say I hope you have the opportunity to get second and third opinions to see if there is anything that can help you. You deserve the best attention.

5. imbr

imbr New Member

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. May I ask what damaged your Kidneys??

6. abigail48

abigail48 New Member

2nd & 3rds do occasionally help, however with the same types of physicians, ie alopath, you're likely to get the same diagnosis

7. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks all for your words of kindness. I'll be going for a ton of blood and urine tests and kidney ultrasound. Then off to the nephrologist. We don't know the cause or how bad it is yet. I was on a lot of Tylenol and advil last year which can fry your kidneys but I've been off that for 5 months so I don't know why the test got worse. I'll keep you posted.

8. fizzixgal

fizzixgal New Member

AnneT -- hoping your kidneys kick in again. That's another problem you don't need. Keeping you in my thoughts.

9. dizzysheba01

dizzysheba01 New Member

I had this happen once and no one knew the reason. Suddenly, the problem reversed and I was fine. I'm praying that it works this way for you but I do hope they find the reason so you can avoid any future problems.

10. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks, DizzySheba, that's what I like to hear!

11. June-

June- New Member

Please keep us updated, Anne. Wishing you inexplicable turnaround like DS's.

12. lulu48

lulu48 New Member

Oh Anne...I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such health problems right now. I do hope your kidney function will improve soon so dialysis won't be necessary. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hon. ((hugs))

13. Papajoe

Papajoe Myco-dental Freak of Nature

Sorry to hear that. You might want to check to see if you have any stealth infections going on.

Sorry about your son too!

14. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks, all. My son, thankfully, does not need an operation for his broken hand. With his special cast, he is even able to still play his guitar - happy boy!

I went for a whole slew (sp?) of bloodwork today, and now have to collect pee for the next 24 hours. I'm praying that the kidney test is back to normal. I think my poor husband will lose his mind if I have one more medical issue. Sometimes it's worse for our loved ones. I'm hoping hoping hoping that this was a false elevation of creatinine due to a high protein diet my CFS doctor has me on... so I've backed off on the meat, and got my fingers crossed.

15. June-

June- New Member

Fingers crossed for you Anne. What is CFS doctor ? I forgot.

16. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Hurray! My lab test was well in the normal range. It's a relief, but my body is still wrung out from worry, and I'm a little wobbly today.

CFS = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

So maybe it was just the high protein diet. So maybe I can still use Toradol to control my wicked hemorrhaging/cramps.
    Thanks again, everyone.

17. fizzixgal

fizzixgal New Member

AnneT, that's great news! Hooray!

I had a temporary creatinine surge a few years ago that was attributed to overuse of OTC pain meds -- still very cautious using nsaids even to this day.

18. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

I see that Wellbutrin can cause seizures, and that it should be used with caution in patients with impaired kidney function.

Yikes.

Are you taking adequate vitamin supplements? Vitamin D deficiency is often a huge factor in gluten intolerance, CFS, depression, etc., and may also be linked with Menieres. There is a lot of good info at www.vitamindcouncil.org.

Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause all the symptoms of Meniere's. If you are on any kind of acid blocker (as many people with CFS, celiac, or gluten intolerance are), that in itself can cause B12 deficiency.

19. AnneT

AnneT New Member

Thanks Fizzi and Taximom. Yes I'll go easy on the pain meds, and I'll get my B12 levels checked on my next bloodwork.

Cheers,
    AnneT