Wrongful employment termination - possible lawsuit

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by sparrow, Nov 20, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Hi all ~ ~

I just got notification from my COBRA Adminnistrator to re-enroll for the remainder of my insurance thru May 07. As I was reading thru the documents, I noticed that there is a section on Disability coverage to extend COBRA another 11 months. Big breath............ okay, called my employer and I am entited to extended coverage for another 11 months !!! Doing the happy happy dance with a hugh sigh of relief. May I won't be soo close to homeless as I originally thought :D :D

When the administrator wanted the date of determination for disability from the Social Security Administration, they determined I became disabled on my date of hire :D :D :D. I didn't realize this !!! My supervisor, who fired me for ""incompetience"", knew about my dizziness and difficulties but she fired me anyway (I have 30 years experience in this field doing this particular job). What my supervisor and I did not know was that I was disabled at that time I was hired. Her daughter does have Menieres, I remember her telling me this, so when I told her my symptoms she told me to have this checked out because of what it really could be. I had forgotten about that. With this in mind, when I see that estate attorney in two weeks, I will ask him the name of an employment attorney :D Even though my state uses the right to terminate law, I don't know if that applies to someone who is disabled. My diligience over my illness in getting medical attention from the get-go has served me well here.

I think it is worth a stab with the employment attorney, although that would mean having to deal with another attorney............... sheesh. I am not going to hold my breath on this issue at this point, at the very least I get financial relief with medical insurance until May 2008 :D :D and that is HUGH !!! They will raise my insurance premiums for the remaining 11 months beginning May 2007.

It's a good thing I examined all the pages of my COBRA re-enrollment otherwise I would never have know about this. Wondering how many other people miss out on opportunities such as this because they just were not informed. I have to say, that today, divine intervention interceeded on my behalf and something pretty spectacular came together for me :D :D Could it be from all your prayers on my behalf ??? I feel soo comforted with what happened today, so............ there is hope?

Maybe we need a section titled "Legal issues" to help us wander thru the maize of our disability for entitlement issues. Just a thought.

A very happy Sparrow :D :D :D

2. jabber

jabber New Member

Hey there happy Sparrow, what great news,- I knew it, I knew it,- hang in there, I'm sure there's more yet to come. ((((((Hugs )))))) Loretta

3. waxwing

waxwing New Member

YES!!!!!! YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!COngratulations! Oh, Sparrow, I hop ethis all comes out in your favor. You deserve a break!!!!!!!!!!!
    WOO HOO
    Meghan ;D ;D ;D

4. michele

michele New Member

diligence pays off in the long run!!! Great news *listening to your happy feet dancing!*

5. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

doing the Happy Dance!

6. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

so totally doing the happy dance!!!!!!

wonderful news Sparrow....and I agree that we could use a legal section to this forum. I know I've had my share of difficulties since the mm.

Now we just need to make sure to keep sending every prayer and good vibe your way in the future....please let this be the beginning of something good for you. Heaven knows you deserve it. I won't stop hoping for you.

Amethyst

7. mcfarkus3

mcfarkus3 New Member

Thank goodness!!!!!! Good news!!!!!!!

8. jabber

jabber New Member

Sparrow, Sparrow, Sparrow,-- what on earth are we going to do with you?? Just kidding, I read the responses you got re: family disowning you, and, I think by now you must have gotten the idea that you have a whole new family so,-- to put it bluntly,-- to hell with the old one, you don't need 'em. Every single one of us wishes with all our hearts we lived closer to you. I know first hand what it's like to grow up with mental and verbal abuse,- it's horrible and not something that you can forget. I will never forget but I HAVE put it behind me now, my brother on the other hand can't put it behind him and he's in therapy trying to learn how to do just that. It's done horrible things to his mind.. It's actually made us better people because we're very mindful of what we say to our kids and to other people. He won't have anything to do with church or religion but my faith was what got me through it and the ability to forgive. Hey girl,-- we've all got the skeletons in the closets and ghosts of the past, they belong in the past. You had some good news today and hopefully there will be more to come yet. You can e-mail me anytime you need an ear or a shoulder at -- I'm always here as I don't work outside the house and don't do much inside of it either because of the MM. Keep your chin up kiddo, and just know that we're all here pulling for you and praying for you. Love,-- Loretta

9. Leon

Leon New Member

Sparrow,
    Good for you. Once again you've demonstrated the need for each person to be thoroughly involved with their health care, including insurance. I wish you success in this endeavor. Please keep us posted.
    Leon

10. phillyloobird

phillyloobird New Member

That's wonderful news, Sparrow. I'm know everything will work out in the end, as I know God is on your side.

Take care and take every day as it comes.

11. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I hope this is the good news you've been waiting for!