writing

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by thornapple, Nov 22, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. thornapple

thornapple New Member

ROFPIMP OMG you just saved me a trip to the bathroom!!!! That's hilarious!!!!

You should see me and Missy! She was out doing numbers one and two in 17 degree F weather, and LOVING it!!! It almost froze on the way out!

2. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

why you are not writing comedy is beyond me!

3. Titus

Titus New Member

I'm beginning to think he might be depressed and need some doggie Prozac. He slept all day and I had to drag him out after work. He'll play and cuddle and chase the cats, then go back in the chair and sleep. Maybe he just has whatever I have or is mimicking my behavior.

Now my oriental shorthair is barking like a dog. She sounds just like a dog and "barks" at the dog or out the window. But when she interacts with the other cat, she sounds like a cat. The siamese just stares at them both like they're crazy.

One flew East, one flew West........

4. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

A big DITTO to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Maybe it IS comedy. let me check....

Nope, it's the tragedy of horrorculture.

6. Titus

Titus New Member

Thornie, Here's to a weekend of writing!!!!!

7. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Okay, there is the title. Now for the text. :)

8. thornapple

thornapple New Member

It's Sunday morning...my church is the church of
    "finish the book today and send in an invoice".
    Ate my english muffin, drinking my tasteless tea (topamax makes things taste peculiar), eating cherry yogurt, orange kitty is getting into her basket....dog is walked, face washed, going to start laundry and feed birds. Spouse is snoring--oops, no showering. Fifty plants before lunch! South Africa and Australia and New Zealand before noon! Onwards, upwards! Then the plants of Europe! Avast, ye mateys! Arrrrrrrrrrrr.

9. thornapple

thornapple New Member

[​IMG]

I dreamed my bum was completely flat.

It's not. Yet.

10. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

11. thornapple

thornapple New Member

O carp, it's almost 9 p.m. and I am nowhere near through the plants of bleeping Europe yet....this sux.

Where is the flipping easy button? (midnite)

12. Peanut Brittle

Peanut Brittle My Twerple Has My Heart

I wish I knew what the secret was to actually make the desire to write a book a reality. Emily Dickinson wrote, "When I try to organize, my little force explodes." I'm not sure WHAT gets in my way. Others tell me I should write a book, yet when I roll up my sleeves to begin it, I become terrified! Any ideas?

13. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Well, I am at the end, and I can tell you that the muse has fled screaming down the street, hopped on a bus out of town, and I am left cranking through stuff word by word and she didn't stick around to massage my shoulders and peel me any grapes. So I think the desire is you just sit there and do it, and the hell with the dang muse. She's a fickle babe.

I still have that terror, and I am at the end, with the publisher asking me for my picture for the back flap, telling me they are very excited about the book. I think you just get brave and do it anyway. Go for it, sweetie. We'll be your muse. ((((((hugs))))))

anybody notice we just lost the front porch??? LOL

oops....it's back.

back to the flipping plants of Europe. Geeee they are rather enticing.

14. Peanut Brittle

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Thornie! I needed them...

yes, the Front Porch weirded-out for a little while. Hope it's back to stay!

I guess my first step would be to set aside regular/scheduled time to write, and right up there, too, is to decide WHAT to write about...

then referee the inner argument that will ensue!

:D

15. thornapple

thornapple New Member

The best thing to write is anything. Writing anything is a sure cure for writer's block.

16. thornapple

thornapple New Member

My birthday present...chapter 6 is BACK. ARGGGGHHHHHH.........I think I'll send it to PNUT BRITTLE.

17. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

that is actually a good idea. Think about it. Really. We can help maybe? Hmmm.

18. thornapple

thornapple New Member

Ok, chapter 6 really sucks because I was depressed and sick as a dog when I wrote it. In fact, my dog feels a darn sight better than I do. Good idea, good idea. I'll send it to you for comments! Tell me what you think it needs. I just took a two day break from everything, and slept a lot, and had a creative brainstorm. But my right ear is having the long death and trying to take me with it. I keep thinking of that self portrait painting van gogh did and I think I have a clue how he felt when he did it...he was thinking "*u**!ing ear, interfering with my creative process....and how am I going to pay all these bills...." I bet he thought about painting himself with lead paint all over and just calling it a day.

19. Peanut Brittle

Yes! Thornie, send it! Check your pms.

Jenski

20. thornapple

thornapple New Member

woo hoo....monday, what fun day....ugh