Would Tinnitus man PLEASE shut-up!?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Red Barchetta, Aug 31, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

I know, my own fault but -
    I have been keeping the radio at a low volume, and almost no base, BUT -
    I hear a tune being played that I haven't heard since I THINK high school (maybe after that, but in any event, it's been a long, LONG time). Like an idiot, I said to myself "The h**l with it, I'm tired of catering to MM ALL THE TIME - so just turned the base and volume UP.
    Yes, enjoyable for the moment - BUT, now Mr. T is yelling it me quite LOUDLY!
    And IT WAS ONLY ONE SONG! - then the base and volume went right back to were they had been. :mad: ::)
    (Also slightly dizzy, but that's NBD really - it's there, but not too strong - but this darn ringing! - All because I wanted to listen to ONE SONG I haven't heard in years, and like, just like someone that did not have anything wrong with there ears would. ??? :eek: :'( :mad: )

2. leviticus

leviticus Jonah's whale

The only time mine ever shuts up is when I have sudden hearing loss in both ears, happens about once a month, fortunately it comes back in a couple of minutes. Sometimes as long as that little cricket don't get fired up, which happens now and again, he is worth the trouble.....

3. carolanne

carolanne Lily

I know..... The fan trick doesn't even work if I am laying on my good ear. So why can I still hear my husband snoring??!!

4. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Well - actually, Mr. T is always there - but not like this!
    I know the base and volume p**sed it off - and now T is screaming at me for it....

5. sparrow

sparrow Guest

I have come to believe we all live in hyper-sensitivity. Any trigger will set us off. I know, I am tired of walking on egg shells too, actually sick and tired of this !!!! So, I join you in your frustration while I stamp my feet.

Sparrow :mad:

6. dizzy teacher2

dizzy teacher2 New Member

NO kidding- you too, huh! Since last Wednesday, my T has been so loud I can't hear anything but..... my right ear even has 2 sounds coming from it!!! Wouldn't you just love to yell...... SHUT THE __ __ __ ___ UP!!!!!!!! at the top of your lungs? I would, but I'd also have a severe vertigo attack from yelling!!!!!!!!
    I hear ya, Red! ( no pun intended!) IF you figure out how to shut him up, or better still, make him permanently go away, please share!

Patti

7. dizzjo

dizzjo One day at a time & baby steps!

8. I tell anyone who says "you've got to do [blah blah blah]" that I do not HAVE to do anything except die and listen to tinnitus.

9. wlyeager

wlyeager Fly fishing is good for the soul

You might think this is strange, but sometimes my tinnitus improves afte I lay down and rest. Then again sometimes it is extra loud when I wake up and then it gets better after a 3-mile run. But it never goes away. I can also get some relief by taking out my hearing aids; shutting off all outside sounds.

Lee

10. pardonme

pardonme Guest

11. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

ROTFLMAO!! ;D ;D ;D

12. MedievalWriter

MedievalWriter Ryan's Rose Pvt Ryan Winslow KIA Iraq 4-2006

Heck yeah it does! ;D

I'm in a rebellious mood right now. Thinking of my precious mead, thinking of music, thinking of old friends, thinking of going out tonight.

Can't do any of it, but I'm thinking of it! :D

13. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Well, at least it's ALMOST (but not quite) back to the way it was now.
    But, either way - it seem a bit ridiculous! - ONE song, and I get the Emergency Alert Service test tone for over 24 hours! (for maybe 5-7 minutes of pleasure - that pretty darn costly considering what little pleasure you actually get in exchange!)
    To think around my birthday, I was actually looking it some concert tickets too! - No didn't actually buy them - but thought about it, and came darn close to it! - Probably would have if I didn't come to the conclusion that right now the money is better spent on paying off some debts, than a few hours of entertainment.
    But if ONE SONG did me in like that - what would a full concert cost me!?! - Probably days, if not a week+! :(

14. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I was out driving earlier with the top down...that alone starts up my T, but anyway, a rescue squad comes by and turns on the siren right next to my ear!! :mad: I know he did it on purpose and to just get through the intersection...he came out of the gas station for crying out loud and I KNOW that was no emergency situation!! :mad:

Now my T is ringing off the hook...and this happened hrs ago! It won't be better til tomorrow and even then, its still there! Always is and always will be!

No matter what...I always think to myself...It could be worse!! :-\

Red...I hope yours gets better or at least subsides some! Certain songs ya just gotta turn up on the radio when they come on...screw the T!!

15. dizzy teacher2

dizzy teacher2 New Member

Ok REd! T man is still here, LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!!!!!!! I thought you were going to tell him to shut up??? IT's going on 6 days now for me. I always have tinnitus, but never this loud for this long!! It's driving me freakin nuts!!!!!!!!!!! ANy input you have with the big guy would be greatly appreciated.

Patti

16. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta New Member

Well, as far as getting LOUD because you aggravated it - all that seems to help there is avoid aggravating it any more, and wait..
    However, for continued treatment to keep it quiet as you can under usual circumstances - Lipo-Flavonoid dose help (Over the counter supplement), it dose not stop it totally, but without it, for me T was even LOUDER than it just was because of the moderately loud music - without doing anything to annoy it!
    However, it's not a "Magic Bullet" either! - It helps a lot, but not instantly, you need to use it for a while before you notice much. Some see a difference within a week, others months. The manufacturer recommends waiting 6 months before deciding how well it works for you. (In my case it seemed to work extremely well within a few days - but then over time, not as good as the initial zing - but pretty good anyway).

17. Hey, I've got a theory that explains everything.

It's "Mr. T", Bad Attitude Barrackus.