Would this book on MD be helpful?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by DanMT, Apr 20, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. DanMT

DanMT New Member

I was recently diagnosed with MD and am trying to learn as much as I can about it. I found the book Meniere's Disease : What you need to know over at Amazon.com and would like to know if any body here has read it and what you opinion is.

http://www.amazon.com/Menieres-Disease-What-need-know/dp/0963261118/ref=ed_oe_p

2. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

I have read parts of it and others on the site have recommended it highly.

3. bigfool

bigfool New Member

It's from 1998, so it's a bit dated, but it is still VERY helpful and explains the tests, vocabulary, etc. I read it when I was first diagnosed over four years ago. If I remember correctly, it doesn't talk a lot about anti-virals or other issues that might be causing the imbalance or vertigo like MAV. But my thoughts are the more you read, the more you know!

Marci

4. katzefrau

katzefrau New Member

I have a copy & have referred to it often over the years. It game me lots of solace to read it & know all the symptoms of MM are very
    well documented. There is similar info on the internet but sometimes it is nice to have a book in hand.
    katz

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

The thing that is no nice about this book is that it gives the primary symptoms AND talks about the ancillary symptoms.

6. hydrops

hydrops New Member

I bought the book a few years ago. Indeed, as others noted, even though it's about a decade old, it's worth. Excellent information.