WORST PLACE TO HAVE AN ATTACK "OH MY NOSE"!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by livestrong, Mar 31, 2008.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. livestrong

livestrong New Member

Hi everyone,

Well I was sorta having a good weekend, except for last night.. dont laugh after you read this.. but my WALK IN PANTRY ATTACKED ME.. How do I say this.. Well I went grocery shpping with Dan and Emily it was like a 2 hour shopping... havent for over a month.. anyways came home started to put groceries away put a yummy honey glazed roast on the rotersseri.,. was really looking forward to eat it.. well that didnt happen instead we brought the roast in our car to the hosptial.. I was in th pantry putting groceries away and i was looking up and down side to side.. you know when you put cans on shelves and boxes you eyes are all overt the place.. well i looked up one last time and that WAS ALL FOR ME.. I had a vertigo attack in the pantry closet, and FOOD STARTED TO ATTACK ME.. It was very PAINFUL!! SOMETHING HIT MY NOSE!! I was also wearing my glasses so the glasses cut into my nose.. it looks like a a vampire tried to bite my nose the kids say... NOt sure what hit me and my eyes.. not sure what.. ended up on the floor cause i was spinning so fast.. DAn and Emily were downstairs.. I could not breathe out of my nose and there was blood.. IT HURT LIKE HECK.. and I was saying Dan please help me, I was sscared I never BROKE MY NOSE, well Dan takes the roast with him.. lol cause my mom was going to get emily at the hosptial.. and gave her the roast. He really wanted to eat it.. LOL ( He actually did on the way home from the hospital) What a mess.

Ok back to the story so we get to the hosptial and did x rays and they said we are not sure if its broken the cartlidge is swollen so bad.. and they told me my eyes are going to bruise too along with the nose.. they said you need to call this doctor well it just so happens to be my EAR doctor.. I really wish I could post a picture.. I LOOK SO UGLY!! I feel like MARCIA BRADY FROM THE BRADY BUNCH!! Do you all remember that eposide.. OH MY NOSE!! He said the Tinnitus and the dizziness well get worse.. and from all the concussions i had in the past i have this thing called horners syndrome in my right eye.. its just a droopy eye.. well i guess everytimes i hit my head or now my nose my eye gets droopier.. so I also look like POPEYE! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.. But I am still smiling!! WEll sorta off it hurts to do that.. I am going to my therapist this afternoon.. she is going to think DAN BEAT ME UP!! I am still waiting for the ER to ask me that question after all the bruises and falls i have had.

The x-ray technicain has seen me more than once there and was doing the nose xrays and she started to talk me and said I think I have MM and she was telling me about drop attacks.. and vertigo and tinnitus and hearing loss. and I said HOW ARE U WORKING HERE.. she said not for much longer.. I understood everything she was asking me and telling me.. you know the more people you tell ehat is wrong with you they seem to always say oh yeah i know someone sho has that or they have it..

So thats my story and IM STICKING TO IT.. and of course I have to throw in WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?
    I think when I over excerate myself i tend to get more attacks.. so the food shoppping for 2 hours and church was maybe just a little too much.. WHO KNOWS anymore..

The doctor at the ER said its so hard when all you want to do is get back to a normal life.. and then BOOM you get knocked down.. SO TRUE ISNT IT!!

OH MY NOSE!!! Please tell me I wont need a NOSE JOB !! PLEASE NO..

Love
    Alisa

2. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

you hang in there darlin, i broke my nose last year horsing around with
    my teenage son, i fell and my nose collided with the top of his head :eek:
    it definitely does hurt, even if it is just swollen.
    sometimes when we think we are doing okay it just hits.
    hope you feel better soon

3. peggoins

peggoins Stop the world from spinning!!

SS Alisa hopefully you didnt break it!! Reminds me of a couple years ago i was at my youngest sons home, i turned around to go into his living room, had a vertigo attack, tripped on his rug and hit my face on his couch.. OUCH!! i had a black eye ,a black chin and the whole left side of my nose was black.... Man i looked like crap and of course i had to go to the dentist that same week and he said,, you know i have to report abuse to the authorities if i suspect your hubby did this,, LOL and i like to never have convinced him that it was the couch instead of my hubby!! And i had to go to the gynocologist also and went through the same routine with her LOL My poor hubby doesnt realize how close he was to jail just because i tackled that couch when i fell LOL.. Lord mm makes us do all sort of craze stuff.. Peg ;D

4. mischieftoo

mischieftoo New Member

BOy do I know how this feels!! My over the toilet seat raiser jumped out at me last Thursday as I had an attack of vertigo adn I stupidly thought it might break my fall, but no and what do I end up with soft tissue dmage and 3 fractured ribs and feel like and idiot.!! I'm just stasrting with the injuries due to falls and vertigo and drop attacks and hate it already and wonder when the biggies- concussions will start to happen. If I don't keep laughing at myself, I'll go nuts, so keep laughing and it does help to some degree. I'm sorry you didn't get your roast as it sounded real yummy - always next time, but son't do so much! Cheers Elizabeth

5. thedawgboy

thedawgboy New Member

Alisa, I laughed, and then I cried.

I have also been victim to random acts of pantry related violence.

Isn't it odd that most object takes hundreds of feet to reach terminal velocity (the maximum speed at which an item will fall, usually 32 feet per second per second), but a can of corn will max out in about three inches from its starting point?

Feel better, and make them get up next time, while you surpervise to unsure everything is in place.

6. June

June New Member

Oh boy, well at least for one time people can SEE what you are going through in a way. Usually it is invisible.

I relate to a couple of the things you said. One is about how it is supposed to be so rare but everyone you talk to knows somebody ... I had an acoustic neuroma. They told me one in a million literally. But my family dr's sister had one, the xray tech's syster, the audiologist! at the oto's office, the man at our church .... I think the stats haven't caught up with the mri etc on some of these things.

When I was recovering from that surgery, I had to relearn balance to walk etc. I thought I was doing great. DH went golfing one Sunday and I got out the small rototiller (mantis) I had just go the year before. It had one of those engines you start by pulling a cord. Those darn cords are always longer than my arm. I held the tiller in one hand and pulled real hard and socked myself in the eye with my fist! I almost knocked myself out! I got mad and put it away and went out to get in the car and I had a flat tire. I called AAA and then drove to Firestone to get a new tire. The men looked at me real funny and said they would 'pretend' I had road hazard insurance and 'give' me a new tire if I bought it after the fact. (I was not that young and pretty at the time!) I didn't know what the heck but I said ok. I drove on to my mother's house. And she said 'WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BLACK EYE!'

So for a good week, people were looking at DH funny and telling them I was attacked by a rototiller didn't convince anyone. I think Dan is the one that is going to get the funny looks for a while! And at least you get a good story out of it. We have to find the humor where we can.

Hope the swelling goes down soon and you feel better. Meanwhile, have a little nap.

7. Donis

Donis Bilateral Menieres/MAV...

I'm so sorry about your pantry attack and injury. I know how frustrating and painful "drop attacks" can be. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Hugs!

8. Willie Marie

Willie Marie New Member

I'm so sorry--my first experience with a drop attack came when I fell off a chair cleaning a pantry closet at church--I wound up with a broken shoulder. THese wounds are not fun--but they do put us in a bad situation like so many have been talking about--we are asked "Have you been abused?" I have the sweetest husband who NEVER even threatened to lift a hand to me--but I still have to answer the questions.;GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HOpe you are feeling better soon

9. twinklenani

twinklenani Guest

Awwww...I am sure you are still beautiful! All of us who have had similar experiences can, surely understand your frustration! I had an "attack" this morning while loading the dishwasher and thought I was going to fall, but grabbed the counter and yelled for hubby, who jumped off the commode and ran to the kitchen. He was not a pretty site either, when I finally got my eyes focused...lol Soooo, today, I will spend on the sofa, hoping for the weather to clear up, which in North Texas, is not likely to happen! Hang in there!

10. livestrong

livestrong New Member

umm question.. when you hurt your nose.. do you black eyes... it looks like i have been punched in my eyes.. this really hurts..

11. prosecutrix2850

prosecutrix2850 New Member

I want to see pictures! ;D Hope it feels better by now tho. Try to keep smiling about it since what is done is done. In my bad cycles, just being in the grocery store triggers attacks. More than once I have stumbled in the house and managed to put away just the refrigerator/freezer stuff before I collapse in my recliner.

12. utalledo

utalledo Paradise

So sorry Alissa, I hope you get better,,,,I'm sure you will.

13. tm53

tm53 New Member

A "punch" in the nose can definitely give you black eyes.

When in doubt, check it out though.

14. Daize

Daize New Member

:eek: Alisa... OMG!!

You take care and lots of hugs to you.
    :) :-*

Ruth

15. Cara

Cara New Member

Alisa........still beautiful with black eyes and swollen nose honey. But see.....I definately feel that being in the kitchen is hazardous to my health!!! Its dangerous for me and everyone else around, I keep trying to tell my family that, but somehow they dont believe me.......I always cut myself.....burn myself..........burn the food........undercook the food........But somehow they wont let me off the hook!!! LOL. As you can tell, I really hate cooking. I guess if they want me to continue, they better be prepared .........its dangerous to their health as well. LOL

16. LisaB

LisaB New Member

Alisa, it is nice to know your family loves your roast so much lol!
    I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you heal quickly. Lisa

17. June

June New Member

I would like to hear more about the roast. I was confused as to why it travels everywhere with you.
    Did you make it? What kind?

18. livestrong

livestrong New Member

Dan is going to to upload a picture... i really look like rocky balboa i look like i got beat up.. i hurt. you all are going to be like wow what happened to her.. it sucks. I have to go to the audiologist tommorw. it looks like plastic surgery went wrong..

the roast thing is that I was cooking it in the Roterserri,,, it was honey glazed.. yummy.. so Dan didnt want to leave in at home cause it would dry out.. so he tookk it out of the rotersseri put foil on it pout it in a pan and brought it with us so my mom could have some and emily.. and then we went to the hospital. Just ate some now.. it was yummy..

going to lay down.. i cant beleive what i look like..

Do I just replace the picture of me and the kids and put Rocky up??

Love Alisa