Worst Journey Ever :'(

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Ryan, Oct 25, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Yesterday I felt a bit off, but went out with my girlfriend and a couple of our mates to a place called Wellsbourne in the UK to a big market they ahve there. While there I suddebnly started to get worse, dizzy, feeling sick etc etc, couldn't walk properly at one point it was horrid.

Then we had the journey back home, about a forty five minute drive, I was in the back with my gf, and OGM everytime he stopped at lights then accelerated my stomach was flipping over and over like I was on a fair ride, it was so horrible. I started to get a bit stressed because the thought of the upcoming roundabouts worried me even more but suprisingly they didn't really bother me.

The weather was sunny, then rainy too, and the sun was quite low, so I had the flashing of the sun in my face when we were going through roads with lots of tree's each side, so with that added on top I thought I was definately going to be sick, which thank God I wasn't!

I tried to keep my head still and not make any sudden movements, but the worst was when we eventually got home n stopped. I couldn't get out the car properly, I had to hold on to my girlfriend to get inside. She had to help me undress and she took my botts off for me. I took one of my tablets called Prochlorperazine (cant spell it, lol) that was given to me last time I was in Accident and Emergency and went to bed for a bit. I felt so tired in the car and tired when I got home too.

After about an hour and a half I still felt ill, but not half as much, and was able to go out and have dinner with my girl later in the evening.

I have a few ideas of what set this off, but there are so many factors this time...the previous three days I had hardly any sleep, I was tired, aching, stressed, I had a beer the night before as I thought it would help me sleep, and then yesterday before we went to the market I had a can of 'Red Bull' which is a stimulant drink, which I know is bad, but I have so mu ch fatigue with the fibro and CFS it drives me mad and I need boosts from time to time. Although saying that I I wont be drinking any more of the stuff!

2. wileyriley

wileyriley New Member

i can definitely relate to that feeling of trying to get out of the car and get inside. that can be the worst part for me as well. i don't drink much caffeine at all and i don't drink alcohol either so i don't know what triggers mine. but i ended up in bed all day yesterday because of it and today is looking the same.
    i'm thinking of seeing my doctor and pursuing the mav diagnosis in addition to my meniere's. i guess it can't hurt to try.
    hope you feel better soon!

3. mikeg

mikeg New Member

Red Bull, i can`t do that stuff.

4. jwebb

jwebb New Member

I think most of us can relate. I have gotten to the point that I won't go out if I feel off. It can come on so suddenly that I guess I'm afraid to feel like that out in public. Feeling like that at home is bad enough.

Redbull sounds like death by vertigo.

Hope you are feeling better. Take care.

Jen

5. anagnostis

anagnostis Anagnostis - This is HELLAS!!!

Good luck my friend!!

I wish you the best!!

Take care!!

6. james

james ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

Sorry you had such a bad time of it.Stress is one of the biggest factors in bringing on episodes and if you have not had enough sleep that is very stressful.
    Redbull no way!! It's like all caffeine and sugar?
    Hope you are feeling better.

7. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I can no longer ride in the back seat of a vehicle. I just tell people I will hurl in their car if they make me ride back there. I prefer to drive myself, if I can. For some reason I have little problem if I am in the driver's seat. But the back seat? I'd rather stay home than sit vomiting in someone else's car!!!

8. joanne

joanne New Member

Ryan sorry your having a bad time,has your gp not advised you to take the meds continuously.I know when i tried to stop mine it was a nightmare it felt like i was right back at the begining but 5 times worse.Hope you feel better soon love jo.

9. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Thanks all for the replies, I havent felt too bd today until earlier, I feel like me head is going to pop at the minute, but I'm tired again, n am going to get an early night.

Joanne, as I have not been diagnosed with anything yet, the GP hasn't told me to take anything. I was given the tablets I took yest when I was last at the A and E department a few months ago from when I collapsed one time! The one GP said not to bother taking them again, but I kept them just incase as they did help a little bit before.

I'm waiting for appointments to come through for some tests, the one where they put different temperature water in your ears and another one I think, but I wont know when they will be until I get the letters. Hopefully it will be soon and they can get me sorted out.

I might give them a call tomo and see if they have dates for me yet!