Worse now then before recent surgery Heip whats going on

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by cassie w, Aug 9, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. cassie w

cassie w New Member

Hi all I posted the other day to say that I have a grommett fitted which was to relieve other symstoms of MD.(lightheadedness sickness etc) I had a gent injection done in Dec,I had a caloric test done and it came back complete paralise.My consultant told me he was going to give me a shot of gent,but said there was no need as the first short had achieved its goal,but would still insert the grommet.Since then I seem to be going back.Before the grommet was fitted I did get many good days,then a day or two not so good which was fine.I now feel absolutely awful not had a good day,in fact I feel worse each day.My head in so light,I feel sick,and when I walk I am very unsteady.The consultant did say that some people take months to get there balance back after the gent can even take up to a year.But what I can't understand is why was I getting days on end when I felt fine,but now I am feeling the way I am since I had the grommet fitted could something be wrong.My gp checked me over on Friday as I felt so bad,and said all the ok. I might add that I have had grommets before (4 in fact) and have never had a problem like this before.Hope someone can help me,and sorry for being a bit of a nuisence best wishes and thank you Cassie