Worried and need advice!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by vertigo247, Dec 13, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Brooke,

This may just be the picture; but I cannot help but notice that in your photo, your head is tilted substantially to the side. If that is the case, and to some degree I would expect that it is, then Twinklenini's suggestion is warranted. What that would mean is that your head is not sitting square atop the first vertebra. That vertebra needs to be adjusted back into position. That misalignment could contribute to your Meniere's symptoms, or be the cause as it was mine.

Here's a website for you visit. There are some great video's on it that explain all this.

http://www.atlasorthogonality.com/PatientSite/aboutAO.html

Good luck,
    Hank

2. nassman

nassman Guest

Hank, have you ever thought that maybe her head was just tilted to the side because that is teh way she posed for that picture? Are you telling me that in every picture you have ever posed for, your neck and head are perfectly straight? If yes, you must be one rigid fellow.

3. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

No, I am telling her it would be a good idea to check it. I wrote, "It may just be the picture," and "if that is the case." "If" implies a contingency, one which if found to be true could easily warrant further investigation. That is just standard English language, Nassman. You should be able to understand it.

Plainly, Brooke is asking for helping opinions here. That is what she meant when said, "Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?" That's pretty straight up English language stuff too. So in answer to her inquiry, Nassman, what are you doing to try and help Brooke? Huh? I think we can all answer that question.

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Agreed.

Brooke; I like that picture of you.

Hank; amazing, just utterly amazing. You really don't see the damage you may be causing do you?

5. nassman

nassman Guest

Ok Hank...seriously man I have had enough! As oceanbreeze states, you do not understand the serious damage your posts are causing people, especially the more vulnerable ones. All you are doing is to instill one more "what if" in people's minds. As if they don't have enough to worry about already!

So, straight up, I am going to challenge you on this atlas theory of yours once and for all:

NO HUMAN BEING HAS A PERFECT POSTURE OR A STRAIGHT NECK ALL THE TIME.

We are mobile beings. We stretch, move, turn, roll, arch, and do almost everything else imaginable to our necks and bodies. It is impossible to keep the neck in a perfect position all the time and thus, not impinge on the operation/purpose of the atlas in an adverse manner.

Last night I was watching a brutal boxing match. It was Mayweather versus some British guy. The punishment these guys inflicted on eachother for 12 rounds was astounding. Each upper cut they gave eachother sent their necks flying back violently. Each punch to the side of their heads sent their heads and necks flying sideways. Now tell me Mr. Hank, do boxers exert unusual punishment on their necks and atlases or not? Of course they do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now tell me, do the vast majority of them live normal lives without the issues you believe a slightly misaligned atlas bone will cause? Of course they do. I am not saying some don't get other problems such as concussions or brain damage from the continuous rattling their brains receive, but these are not problems that are caused because of your precious atlas!

Some other professions where the neck is constantly tilted or NOT in the patented Dr. Hank 24/7 erect neck position:

Dentists
    Dental Hygenists
    Mechanics
    Plumbers
    Computer Analysts (or any profession where heavy computer use is required)
    Athletes in violent sports (hockey, football, boxing, ultimate fighting)
    Construction workers
    etc.
    etc.
    ETC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, before you say that I am close-minded, please note thet I am a FIRM believer of musculuar problems contributing to headaches and TMJ. It is simple science. However, to look at a person's picture who may have been caught in a pose where she is not looking straight at the camera in a rigid/perfect posture and to scare the hell out of them by suggesting that their atlas may be mis-aligned is just pure malarchy and terribly irresponsible.

6. Henrysullivan

Henrysullivan New Member

Why all of a sudden to I feel like Popeye the sailor?

Brooke, I am very sorry this happened in your thread. For my part in this, please forgive. I hope you feel better.

Hank

7. Aladdin

Aladdin Guest

Brooke; don't despair love...my head's always tilted and I hear cracks and pops - maybe we are the new "crack heads" haha

Merry Christmas

8. vertigo247

vertigo247 One cannot think crooked and walk straight.

Wow, I had no idea this would spark such a feud! Okay, here's the deal: I was tilting my head for the pic, but I also do have Scholiosis and find it interesting that a vertebrae out of alignment could be a possible trigger for MM symptoms and crackiling, since I don't stand symmetrical, but have one shoulder lower than the other due to the Scholiosis. I think I'd just be better if I could walk around like the headless horseman and be done with the whole thing LOL! I appreciate all advice given, so no worries.

Aladdin, LOL "crack heads" hahaha!! I guess that would go along with the Q-tip using. ;D

Heavyduty, it COULD be one of those darn Q-tips I abuse every day, now couldn't it! ;D

9. nassman

nassman Guest

But you do realize that it is Hank who states that a misaligned vertebrae is the cause of meniere's symptoms, not the established medical community, right?

10. luckyswife

luckyswife New Member

I have quite a few friends here that have pm'd me and said they are going to lay low and not come around as much because of this crap.Such a shame that people feel the need to leave because of all the bickering.Not this thread alone but,alot of others too.I feel sorry for those people and hope they don't stop coming around.Everybody has their own views but do they need to turn into an argument? :mad:

11. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

My head is screwed on crooked and sorta loose..reckon that means anything :D