Worried about what coworkers think?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by dizzy in albuquerque, Jun 12, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Does anyone worry about what others think? My boss trusts me enough to work at home quite a bit right now until i get feeling better but I think people are starting to talk and that bothers me. She backs me up but you know how people can get. I don't want to get in trouble and they probably think if i'm too sick to get to work how can i be well enough to work at home. It's the driving and walking around at work that get me if i'm at home it's easier to get to the bathroom and do my VRT and all that.

Anyone? I guess people will talk no matter what - should I try not to worry. A coworker told me not to concentrate so much on the fact that i'm sick when people ask - just tell them you are telecommuting and leave it at that

Chris

2. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

I agree with your coworker, I also feel that if we concern ourselves to much by what others think, it interfers with our positive attitude, and that is no good for our illness. :-*

3. Utahgirl

Utahgirl New Member

It's hard not to worry about what others think or say, but I have come to realize that it's the most unproductive worrying you can do.

When that happens, I try to replace those thoughts with others, and remind myself that I should be thankful I'm so interesting.

Listen to your coworker and remember, it can only bother you if you allow it to.

4. Erosangel

Erosangel New Member

Chris,

In my experience people are going to talk no matter what happens. We have a young lady here who has migraines and they talk about her all the time because they don't understand what it feels like. I don't participate in this kind of talk. I understand where she's coming from. It's best to tell them as little as possible and then not worry about what they say.

5. Verti_Geaux

Verti_Geaux New Member

No, I do not care what others think! LOL!!! And you shouldn't either!!! It's none of their business why you work at home. I agree with the others. Think positive thoughts and YOU can only let others hurt you! WE teach others how to treat us and only WE can control that! Huggs!!!!!!!!!

6. Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better. I even signed an official telecommuting agreement which gets reviewed in August anyway. Lots of folks out here do this but usually just twice a week - mine is more like 3-4 right now but I'm going to try to come in more as I feel better - no telling when that is of course. I feel isolated at home really.

I know i need to not worry about what they think - it's just that i've been backstabbed before by people and I hate that - human nature - they will talk if they want to that's for sure.

I just need to not tell them much except that driving is hard on me so they understand why i can work there and not here!

chris