Work is finally addressing the vibration issue in my building!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Andrea1962, Oct 2, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

We have been in our building for 14 months now. The vibration issues are finally getting addressed!

Life is getting better! BTW- the map was basically centred under my desk!!!!!!!

Second Floor Vibration Mitigation Project – Trial Area

To: All staff located at XXXXXXXXXXXX

This memorandum outlines the site work scheduled for the trial area of the second floor vibration mitigation project. We would appreciate staff’s cooperation to ensure necessary precautions outlined in this memorandum.

Please note that due to safety concerns, the first and second floors located in the trial area will be closed to staff over the weekends of October 7th and October 14th

Trial Area – Phase 1

1. At the end of the day on Friday, October 6, 2006, staff located on the first floor within the trial area should clear off the tops of all desks in the area. The designated trial area extends throughout area 154 as indicated on the attached floor plan.

2. Over the long weekend of October 7, 2006 the contractor will reinforce the section of second floor located within one half of the designated trial area. The affected first floor area will be cleaned prior to staff arriving on Tuesday morning.

Trial Area – Phase 2

1. On Friday, October 13, 2006, staff located in area 154 should again clear off the tops of all the desks in the area.

2. Work will continue on the remaining section of the second floor trial area throughout the weekend of October 14th and the area will be cleaned prior to staff arriving on Monday morning.

Trial Area – Testing and Future Work

1. Following completion of the trial area, the vibration consultant will undertake testing on the second floor to measure the effectiveness of the new reinforcing. This testing will take place after business hours on or about October 16, 2006.

2. A report will be issued on or about October 24, 2006 indicating if additional action will be required in the trial area or to verify the adequacy of the trial.

3. An implementation plan will be developed for the remaining affected second floor areas and staff will be advised accordingly.

2. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

I hope they fix all the bad vibes in your building, Andrea.

I have found my car vibrations can give rise to weird feelings. I can avoid most the problems by not letting my head rest on the cushion.

Joe

3. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

I would hate to work in a vibrating building because I am unsteady enough myself!!! ??? ;D

Maggie

4. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I'm so happy to hear that they are looking at the vibration issue - that would be just awful. Hope they clear it up real soon.

Amethyst

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Finally!!

6. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Oh I hope they can fix it!! This is great news!!

7. Stacey3048

Stacey3048 New Member

It's about time!!!!! Tell them you want a paid holiday away while they steady everything! :)

8. Andrea1962

Andrea1962 New Member

The work was completed in my area this weeekend. I honestly cannot believe the difference it has made. I did not realize how much of an issue the vibrations were causing until the situation was fixed.

I am once again able to multitask and focus on multiple things at once. Mind you, the work was only done in my area, so I do have issues if I go to another part of the building.

Work is finally a safe haven once again.

9. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Great news! Glad it helped.

Tracy

10. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

11. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Thats great Andrea!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!