Wobbles aka Joe needs our prayers...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Linda1002, Oct 23, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. vwjimmyoz

vwjimmyoz New Member

Good on yer Joe...

I am hoping everything will be a little more brighter tommorow, for both you and Storm...

Thinking of you mate

Jimmy

2. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Joe ~ You and Storm are in my thoughts and prayers this morning. Hoping for a very happy reunion today !!! Hope you are feeling much better today too !!!

Sparrow :D :D

3. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

That's wonderful news Joe - big hugs to Storm....

4. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Joe ~ Are you home safe and sound with Storm???? How are you feeling today? Worried about you and Storm.

Sparrow

5. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Me too, Joe, hoping you and Storm are still okay.

6. gardenfish

gardenfish New Member

Joe, it is beautiful how you love Storm.
    Paul

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Hi Sparrow,

Yes, Storm is now at home with me. I picked him up around 2 PM this afternoon. He is on gads of medicine. Since I know you used to work in a vet’s office, I’ll tell you the details.

He is using four different types of eye drops and anointments. They are: a serum made from Storm’s own blood, an antibiotic called Cioxan, fucithalmic (another antibiotic), and voltarem, which is an anti-inflammatory and an analgesic. He is also taking a broadband antibiotic, a non steroidal anti-inflammatory called Metacam, two different types of heart medications and a diuretic. He has medications every two hours, except at night when I can move it to every four hours. The next week is going to be hard on me while I try to tend to Storm’s needs. To help me keep the medications straight, I made up a schedule that I printed out on my computer.

Storm is suffering but I am not too surprised by this because he had a keratectomy and corneal ulcer debridement. He does not like having the eye drops and anointments applied. (I am afraid that I am not the best of nurses.) Storm does not want to sit still while I try to get drops into his eye. It is challenging. Also, Storm is wearing a “cone hat” to stop him from rubbing his eyes. He does like that. I think its cute but I try not to let him see that.

Emotionally, I am holding up but I am worn out from by my blood cancer and am fighting renewed infections without benefit of antibiotics.

I am glad Storm is home with me and I think he is glad to be home. We get along quite well.

Joe

Thanks Paul and Linda.

8. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

big huggs to you joe :)

9. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Joe - Thank you for taking the time to post and update us. Now go get some rest!

10. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Joe, been offline a few days and just caught up. I'm glad to hear that Storm made it thru OK. I know how it is with older dogs - you worry about everything! Take care of both of you! You and Storm are in my heart, thoughts and prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{{Healthy, healing HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

11. wendyd

wendyd New Member

Good to hear, but hope you are coping ok, difficult times for both of you. you both are in my thoughts and prayers.

12. deercharmer1

deercharmer1 Somewhere in the forest....

Hi, Joe and Storm!

Keeping you both in my prayers right now....it is wonderful how we and our furbabies take care of each other when we need it the most.

Yes, Joe, you ARE a good nurse, as Storm has been for you. Stay strong and hold positive thoughts in your heart.

We love you both,

deercharmer

13. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Joe....You are so lucky to have Storm and Storm is so lucky to have you!

It was so great to read the latest update on Storm.

Both of you are in my prayers!!

Hugs to you both!!

Bergs

14. sparrow

sparrow Guest

Hi Joe ~ I am soo relieved to hear this !!! Thank you for getting back on you and Storm. I pm'd you with detailed information.

Sparrow :D

15. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Glad to hear Storm is doing alright. Give him a big hug and kiss from me.

Sending positive thoughts and prayer's for you and Storm........take care

Janet

16. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Thinking of you and Storm each and every day!

17. cdedie

cdedie Designed by DizzyNBlue

Joe, we love Storm, but we love you too! :-* :-*

YOU feel better too OK?

18. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Joe,

I'm sorry I missed this. I feel so bad for both you and Storm. I know that you are doing everything you can for Storm.

I'll be praying for you both.

Tracy