Wobbles aka Joe needs our prayers...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Linda1002, Oct 23, 2006.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. Amethyst

Amethyst She believed she could, so she did.

I agree, Gardenfish put it so very well. You are missed around here Joe - and you are loved.

Hope to see you posting again soon.

Amethyst

2. tucker

tucker The Meniere's DVD Guy!

Joe, we are all on your side! Rest up, get strong, and watch the Tigers win the worls Series!

Take it easy
    Danny

3. feelbizarre

feelbizarre New Member

Joe.
    So sorry to hear that you have not been doing well. I was wondering what had happened to you. Hope you get stronger by the day. We miss you around here!
    Joanne

4. ToniG

ToniG Guest

Joe...I hope you're feeling better.

5. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Joe,

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gwen

6. notgivingup

notgivingup New Member

Joe, you're in my thoughts and prayer's....hope you feeling better with each day.

Janet

7. OnTheBorder

OnTheBorder New Member

Joe, I hope you can feel the hugs and prayers being sent your way. Looking forward to your posts again as soon as you start feeling better.

8. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I didn't see this...sorry!!

I heard from Joe..he had a bad reaction to his new antibiotic which threw his blood numbers off, and they have to do more tests now.

He says, "Now I am in recovery mode and will pull through this."

So he is on the mend...Thank God!!

We love you Joe!! Take care of yourself!!!!

Woofs to Storm!!!
    Hugs to YOU!!
    Bergs

9. waxwing

waxwing New Member

Joe! We are all pulling and praying for your quick recovery. Hope that you are feeling better soon.
    meg ;)

10. wendyd

wendyd New Member

Oh Joe, I hope you are feeling better now, and the labs will improve with you. Take care, and please know how much you are missed. Your advice is always based on sound facts and is given with so much love, all of that back to you right now....... feel it yet? Hope so! Take care of your self and hope you are soon up and posting.

11. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

many, many prayers to you dear sweet man :)

12. Wobbles

Wobbles Storm (April 15, 1992 - November 17, 2006)

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers of hope and strength. I’ve certainly had a rough 10 days.

It started with me developing a fever and chills, which I thought was a simple flu or nasty cold. However, on Friday last I developed a severe rash causing me to seek medical advice. I was diagnosed with serum sickness, which is a type of allergic reaction. In my case I had a reaction to a sulfur antibiotic that I had started about two weeks previous. I never knew this, but allergic reactions to drugs can be delayed. This was my first round of troubles.

Shortly after getting out of the hospital for that, I began to suffer extreme weakness and had to return to hospital. My red blood cell numbers have fallen quite low and I’ve become severely anemic. I am afraid that my battle with my blood disease is not going that well. My neutrophil counts are also extremely low.

I think someone said that bad things come in threes and I can attest to that. After getting the bad news about my blood situation, I came home only to awaken the next morning with a swollen leg and a lot of pain. I had to go back to hospital and was told that I had developed phlebitis. I was checked for deep vein thrombosis but that was negative. I’ve been given heparin and other things to try to help me get over my latest problem. But I’m home and I intend to stay here for a while … with Storm by my side.

Well, I have to go back to couch now and elevate my leg to help lessen the swelling.

I hope to resume participating in the forum within a few days. I am still weak and feeling bewildered over all the bad luck coming my way. One good thing is that I’ve had time to read and reflect on my life and the world about me. I see a lot of good things and I count all of you as being real positives in this world. You make my sun shine.

Joe

13. pardonme

pardonme Guest

14. wendyd

wendyd New Member

Thank you for taking the time to post an update Joe. My best to you and Storm, what a loyal friend. I hope your leg improves quickly and your marrow is busy making more good cells, white and red.
    rest, take care, and keep drinking those fluids! don't want to stress your kidneys right now!
    Hope you are on the mend soon!

15. Linda1002

Linda1002 New Member

Hi Joe - It's always great to see you here. Thank you for the update. Please take care of you and Storm!

16. cowcollector

cowcollector Don't hug a tree, hug a cow!!

joe,
    will keep the prayers going!

17. Gwendelyn

Gwendelyn New Member

Rest up and get better Joe.

18. charisse

charisse Been hanging here for 8 years

(((((((((((((((((Joe))))))))))))) Hope your better real soon, I hate those troubles in threes :-*

19. TracyInIndy

TracyInIndy Guest

Joe,

Oh goodness what a run of bad luck you've had! I hope your feeling much better soon!

Hugs, Tracy

20. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Awww Joe...I wish you weren't so far away!! I'd come visit you and bring you some home made chicken soup and some snacks for Storm!!

Take care of yourself and keep that leg elevated...come back here ONLY when you are up to it!! ;)

HUGS to YOU and Storm!!!
    Bergs