Why is it so hard to lose weight????

Discussion in 'Your Fun 'n Games Room' started by NanKelly, Sep 25, 2007.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

Why is it so hard to lose weight?????????/

I can't seem to get my mind off food. Everytime I start some crazy diet, I eat even more. I exercise like a nut case, thank goodness, or I would be a whale.

Any success stories any of you could share that works. ???

2. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I think it is because I sit on my @$$ets in front of this computer screen. If I walked around the block instead, I bet I could lose 30 lbs.

Hmmmmm........

3. nave alta

nave alta Guest

It used to be easy to lose weight whenever I chose to. Then I turned 40. Now I'm 50. Nuff said. :mad: :D

4. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Well it sure doesn't help when you can't exercise cuz of a busted knee! :-\

I SOOOOOOOO can't wait to get this fixed, its gotten progressively worse. Less then two weeks...whoo-hoo!!

I woud love to give some advice but when it comes to dieting...we don't get along!! :D :D

5. 2DAMNDIZZY

2DAMNDIZZY New Member

I started weight watchers and had my first week weigh in on Thursday. I had lost 8.6 pounds!!! WHOOOO HOOO But I love to eat, so its not going to be easy at all.

Maggie

6. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

i hear weight watchers is the BOMB!!!!! you'll be GREAT!!!! i'm down 95 and stuck... probably doesnt help that the weather is finally turning cooler and i just want to cook & eat!!!!

7. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

You lost 95lbs Becks???? That's awesome if that's the case. I cannot even lose 10 pounds. I exercise like a crazy person...scale does not budge....Maybe it's all the beer and salt I drink ::)

8. thornapple

thornapple New Member

I have the same problem...I am getting older and my metabolism has slowed down. but this summer, I walked miles every other day for a part time job, and although I weighed the same, I changed shape! Things firmed up.

I can eat NOTHING and still sit there at the same weight. The only thing that takes it off me is the Atkins diet, and that takes FOREVER (months) and it is so boring>>>and constipating! Chicken salads, hard boiled eggs, cheese, ugh. I want graham crackers and oatmeal and English muffin toast. And MILK.

The only thing that cures the constipation is prunes, which are not on the diet. and if you go off the diet, it doesn't work. So my choice is: lose weight and be full of $h!t, or be cuddly. Dang it.

I do know that alcohol will put pounds on me like nothing else. I can count on an extra 3-5 lbs going on over the holidays because I celebrate with Baileys.

I am tired of looking like a blubberbutt instead of a ballerina. What do you think is the solution? There must be one....I don't think I could do weight watchers, or nutrasystem. Their diets/meals are full of stuff that either gives me migraine or I am allergic to.

9. NanKelly

NanKelly Go Dawgs!!!

Hi thornapple

I know when I ate a lot of fruits and veggies with pretty much nothing on them....butter etc, I lost weight. It's so hard to do. No bread and tons of exercise. It does suck! I am trying hard now!!!

10. FreshFaith

FreshFaith Ride to live. Live to ride.

probably the biggest thing i did was give up MOST red meat and switched to chicken/fish, LOTS of fresh veggies, soups, WATER WATER WATER... but i REFUSE to give up alcohol... absolutely REFUSE!! ;D ;D ;D

and walking... swimming...dancing...