Wheat Free/Gluten Free Food Resources

Discussion in 'Your Lovely Kitchen' started by So Cal Cyclist, Nov 2, 2009.

ATTN: Our forums have moved here! You can still read these forums but if you'd like to participate, mosey on over to the new location.

1. So Cal Cyclist

So Cal Cyclist View Askew

Thanks for the addition to the thread. :)

2. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Udi's and Canyon Bakehouse make surprisingly good gluten-free breads, which are sold frozen.

If you like making your own bread, www.betterbatter.org sells an excellent gf all-purpose flour, and they have terrific recipes on their website.

Also, Tostito's just came out with a whole-grain Scoops that is gluten-free! Yummy with egg salad or chicken salad.

I've never liked La Choy soy sauce but they've recently come out with a very decent, nice and thick Teriyaki sauce.

3. So Cal Cyclist

In my initial posting I wrote about how impressed I was with Udi's breads. Their sandwich breads gave me an edible replacement for wheat bread. Fast forward to today. Udi's now has three kinds of bagels; plain, multi-grain, and cinnamon-raisin, hamburger and hot dog buns, and an ultra thin pizza shell you can take home to create your own pizza.
    I had the hot dog buns for the first time yesterday. The taste and texture was so amazing I checked the packaging three times to make sure it really was wheat free. That hot dog covered in beans, cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole tasted awesome!

4. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

SoCal, I just discovered Rudi's (rhymes with Udi's) gf bread, which tastes awfully similar to Udi's--I don't think it's a coincidence that they made their name so similar.

AND THEY HAVE IT AT COSTCO, IN THE FREEZER SECTION! :)

5. So Cal Cyclist

Want chocolate chip cookies? I just found amazing G/F and Dairy Free chocolate chunk cookie dough made by
    Immaculate Baking Company http://immaculatebaking.com/index.php in with the refrigerated biscuits and cookie dough at my local natural foods store. The cookies taste great and are easy to bake and serve. Enjoy!

6. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

California Pizza Kitchen now serves almost all their pizzas gluten-free!!! And they are GOOD!!!!!

7. So Cal Cyclist

General Mills has a website that lists all of their products which are Gluten Free.
    http://cdn.glutenfreely.com/pdf/Gluten_Free_Products.pdf

8. marbar

marbar New Member

Asian grocery stores for rice flour and potato starch at a lower cost than health food stores.

9. shartsoe

shartsoe New Member

Nature's Path makes some awesome frozen organic, gluten free waffles. We don't even have gluten intolerance in our family (that we know of), but my husband and children love them.

10. So Cal Cyclist

Thanks Marbar and Shartsoe